dieting while pregnent

missdani

Reaction score
Hey girls im around 8weeks with my second and could do with losing around 8stone. Anyone else dieting while preg and have any tips for me? Xx

I'm actually going to try to lose some weight too. I'm not going to actually diet or put a limit on calories but I am going to choose healthier food like fruit, veggies and cut out soda.

I need to lose at least 3 stone. 4 even better. I feel awful. I am 9 weeks and feel like a fat messy blob. I wish I didn't want to eat all the time and when I don't eat I feel weird!

Eating healthy meals and light exercises during pregnancy is definitely recommend. And if you do happen to be overweight and lose weight during pregnancy thats ok. I lost 14 kg with my last pregnancy. Pitty i gained it all back lol

I lost 4 stone while pregnent with my son thanks to all day sickness up until the day he was born. Wanting to try slimming world but at min everything makes me feel sick :( xx

Hey ladies ,
Just found out yesterday that I'm pregnant 4weeks. I have gained about 5 pounds the month before. I would love to get rid of them as well. It's hard because I always feel like I wanna eat.

By the way, what's a stone?

Once my appetite starts going back to normal (I dont wanna eat anything at the moment and when I do its crap) then I will be eating healthily and going to the gym. I need to lose 1.5 stone to have a healthy BMI.

Thanks mummy may.

Is it possible to lose that much weight during pregnancy?

I really wanna try to gain nothing more than the baby weight and water weight. I wanna go back to having my current body after birth. Don't know how much control we have over that but I wanna start watching out early.

Iv got a lot to lose so should be able to lose some xx

I'm going to be doing the green smoothie diet modified. I did it before pregnancy and lost all my baby weight but recently gained 8 lbs back. I am starting it again tomorrow and will continue in the hopes of losing some weight first trimester and not gaining any after.

I do slimming world, it's not too restrictive & works, though I'm struggling to stay on track at the mo with constant nausea! x

Just be glad you weren't like me with my first pregnancy 23yrs ago. I couldn't be within 5 miles of food or I would throw-up. Lost 35lbs and felt miserable. I would drink more water, I like smart H20 or Fuji. Have all your food ready for the day b4, in sandwich baggies, so you can grab and go. Fruits, veggies, and nuts of some sort. I think just like dieting prior to your surprise, it's all about eating healthy choices. That's the bottom line.

My first pregnancy I went from 9 stone - 11.5. I did mange to loose it all within 6-7 months by keeping to a balanced diet, running and home workouts. We are due to get married 4 months after this little one is due, my wedding dress is ordered in a size 8 and will be ready to collect the end of this month so that's my motivation to be healthy and keep excercising throughout this pregnancy! I think lots of fruit & veg for snacking is key rather than sugary unhealthy snacks. And gentle excercising is encouraged as long as there is no medical reason why you shouldn't.

I was starting to diet and excerises about 30 days before I found out I was pregnnat. I am hoping to not gain any weight at all in the first tri but would ideally like to lose maybe 5 pounds, too.
I use My Fitness Pal and changed my goal to lose 1/2 pound a week. That way I still get like 1800 cals and it should help me not gain any weight.

I joined Slimming World when I found out I was pregnant with DS2. By due date I was the same weight so I didn't gain anything. Within 10 days of giving birth I was 2 stone 1lb under pre pregnancy weight and hit target by his 1st birthday with a 5 stone loss.
I've been there ever since so I will be expected to gain this time which will be hard psychologically but worth it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->