diets that worked for you?

popps12

Reaction score
hi ladies;

just wondering what diets everyones tried and what they found worked the best and fastest. im doing the slimfast 3-2-1 diet and i feel like absolute crap :/

All I did was breastfeed and eat whatever I wanted. (Yeah, I suck like that)

biggest loser club uk

www.biggestloserclub.co.uk

it's brilliant. there are exercise programs you can do in the gym or at home, and it's all about eating a bit cleaner, less processed food. you'll feel fabulous!

I used to run a slimming club before maternity leave (rosemary conley) so tend to be very interested in diets and can honestly say that the biggest loser one is the best out there, it doesn't exclude any food groups, there are treats included daily and a treat night, it gives great extra advice and forums and the exercises are really good too. :)

I follow that one and I was back to my pre pregnancy weight 10days after giving birth :) x

Slimming world extra easy plan is really great. I lost 2 stone and my friend lost 4 stone very easily. You can eat as much lean meat, chicken, veg, poatotoes, rice and pasta as you like...and tons of other things! It really is very easy :)

x

I ate healthily. Lots of clean foods. Plus walking every day and kettlebell workouts three times a week.

Im just starting weight watchers again, I did it awhile ago and lost a stone in 4 weeks. The reason I'm doing it is because you can buy the ready meals (yeah works out expensive) but its ideal with LO ATM as I don't have the time to cook all the time.

I just eat less in general... Its probably not recommended but I usually don't eat breakfast or lunch, I'm not as good at it nowadays though :p

I have a great recommendation if you cancel "fastest" from your requirements! But you'll feel better, look better at the end, and it's well worth the wait.

I've tried them all I would say just eat healthy and watch your cals!

I've tried them all too. I now just eat really healthily, limit my carbs generally, no white carbs at all, lots of protein and lots of fruit and veg. No processed foods and no alcohol!

All I did exercise wise was walk lots with the pram and I'm about a stone lighter than pre-pregnancy.

Good luck with whatever you decide x

I started weightwatchers on the 6th January this year. Have lost 37lbs so far and lost all my baby weight :)

I've been eating those weight watchers frozen meals lately, and walking every day. I've lost a few pounds but I ALWAYS feel hungry.

When I was unable to walk (long story) I got very heavy. Went to a nutritionist who recommended South Beach Phase I (only 1), supervised by a dr, and I lost 81 pounds in ten months, no exercise.

PS~ and I have been a vegetarian for 25 years, so a weird vegetarian version of SB phase I.

Low carb all the way! I have PCOS and insulin resistance - Low carb is the only diet that helps me lose weight. Blood glucose stabilises and I feel fabulous. I'm losing 2-3lb per week.

Yep, low carb. I went on the paleo diet for a few months before I got pregnant and lost a few kg (just want to state here that I wasn't overweight to begin with, just had a few trouble areas, plus I was doing CrossFit and they really promote the paleo diet thing). For those who haven't heard of it you basically eat what our paleolithic ancestors would have eaten - no grains and no dairy. Just meat, veg and fruit. And one of the biggest things is to avoid the 3 P's. So no processed food, no packaged food and no preservatives!

I no longer eat paleo on a daily basis as it's very restrictive, but it works pretty quickly to lose weight on. However I still avoid the 3 P's. If you can keep packaged and processed food out of your life and eat fresh fruit, veg and meat - home cook! - then you will lose weight.

Also don't be afraid of fat. You need fat! (Except for trans fat, nobody needs that) It's sugar that is the real enemy if you are trying to lose weight. So eat lots of protein and good fats and you will feel full for longer. :)

Eat less and excersise more! I've never been one for particular diets or cutting out food groups. Carbs are important and fill you up. White carbs aren't great but wholemeal carbs are good for you in moderation. Trouble with following a particular diet is you have to come off it at some point so it's best to just eat smaller portions of healthy food.

You can't truly lose weight quickly. You can do it, but your chances of regaining the weight back are quite high if you do it quickly.

Slimming world and weight watchers. Ww drove me mad counting. Sw is much easier xx

Weight Watchers. Teaches you about portion control and encourages lots of fruit and veg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->