Difference between Comfort Suck and Hungry?

Sarah88

Full time working mummy
Reaction score
Just wondering if someone could shed some light on figuring out the difference between comfort sucking and genuine hunger?

If i knew life would be much easier ,lol
But with the baby it's supposed to be a real challenge, right?
i guess my baby wants both, food n comfort.

I just know, since I bottle feed ?I know how much/how often she gets food.

That is a good question.I just give booby whenever he wants it.Dont mind if its hunger or comfort.I enjoy breastfeeding....a little too much!Dont know how I'm going to wean myself off from doing it!

I just know, since I bottle feed ?I know how much/how often she gets food.

I personally don't think this helps!!!! My ds has a completely different amount everyday anyway!!!!

Just wondering if someone could shed some light on figuring out the difference between comfort sucking and genuine hunger?

I mix feed. My ds won't go on the boob unless he is hungry.

Do u use a dummy? If so do you try it first? If she won't take it then shes prob hungry?

I don't see anything wrong with comfort sucking, if it works why not use it?

I know when max is hungry he takes his dummy for a few seconds and then spits it out ..when its a comfort thing he rubs his eyes and as soon as dummy is in hes out like a light

Bella won't take a dummy. When she's just sucking and not eating, it's a shorter quicker suck. More like a quiver. When she's eating it's a longer slower suck. It also has a rhythm to it, like short short long.

Savannah won't take a dummy, I don't mind at all!
Just wondering though to try figure out if she's just comfort sucking or actually hungry in the middle of the night, don;t really mind either way.

Bella won't take a dummy. When she's just sucking and not eating, it's a shorter quicker suck. More like a quiver. When she's eating it's a longer slower suck. It also has a rhythm to it, like short short long.

This is just like Hebe. Once she starts the short quivery suck, if I want to, I will swap to a dummy.

x

At that age they do tend to need a couple of feeds in the night. It's not till they get to about 6 months or so that they can go all night without a feed (though Kaya still gets one about 4am lol.

At that age they do tend to need a couple of feeds in the night. It's not till they get to about 6 months or so that they can go all night without a feed (though Kaya still gets one about 4am lol.

Do you think its a probkem that Hebe is going from 10/11am - 5/6 am then?? :(
She doesnt sleep with a dummy - we only use it during the day occasionally.

Sorry for hijacking Sarah :)

I hate u Mervs mum, Savannah only goes 8:30/9-1:30 then til 5, lol. But it's ok coz she's here giving me smiles and it makes it all worth it!

I know when caitlyn is hungry, she makes a funny hungry noise. :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->