Difficulty with feeds

Agiboma

ME+DS+DD+DH
Reaction score
Hi all
my little guy was born 25 + 2 and he is not tolerating his feeds well he is on 1ml every 2 hours and brings it all back up sometimes with bile anyone else go through this experience with their premie

Yes we sure did, you have to remember their little bodies are still immature and milk in their tummy will be new to them, especially when they are so tiny!

My lo didn't bring the milk back up but she didn't digest it so every hour the half ml they put in her tummy came back in the syringe. She probably done this for a few days before she started digesting it.

Thanks ladies well today I beleive he is taking a turn for the better genoa now only bringing backnip half the feeds and the bile issue seems to be resolving itself fingers crossed

Glad Michael is having a better day. Hugs to you sweetie x

:happydance: thanks guys he seems to be tolerating the feeds now he is up to 2ml every 2 hours

It's just such a rollercoaster ride. My son did the same. He got up to about 6ml and then had to start back at 1ml after continually not tolerating his feeds. I was gutted but as you know, you do get there eventually. One step back then two steps forward. These days (he's 4) he asks for "second breakfast" about an hour after the first. I dont let him but i love how far he's come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->