• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Digi changed from No- to Yes+ after opening

HaileysMommy1

TTC baby #3!
Reaction score
My FRER Gold Digital test this morning was negative. But being the POAS addict that I am, I opened it up to see if there were any lines. There was a thick pink line, but it was on the wet, saturated part of the test strip, instead of right near the control line. Also, I pressed that section up to the digital window and it turned to a positive right away. I only did all of this out of curiosity, but now it's getting the best of me! Anyone else ever experienced anything like this?? Thanks! :)

I think that opening digi tests isn't advised and they jave 2 lines regardless as they work slightly different than a normal test :(

I would try test again with a diff test

X

But it turned to a "Yes +" on the digital screen, that's really what I'm confused about!

lol the things we do! :) sweetie I would retest but that is really interesting!!

Oh gosh I know, I am just crazy! Hehe. I guess I will retest in a few days :)

There will always be two lines inside of the digital test...because it also measures LH in your system.

I would retest, but most likely upon opening the test, something on the little brain of the test got messed up and turned your test positive. If it said negative before opening it, then that's the accurate reading.

Test again in a couple days though! GL!

ive done alot of digis in my time, an ive neva had 1 turning yes once open huni, this is very intresting, i wud test again, as the strips my not of been inline with the reader hence the neg result, good luck an hope u get ur BFP soon xxx

every time i open a digi it turn to pregnant from non pregnant sorry hun x

I retested this morning with internet cheapies and it was BFN.

I had never heard of digitals doing this either, and couldn't find ONE single thing on Google about it! Which makes it even more interesting! Oh well, guess I'll find out soon enough. I just think it's crazy that it's possible to change the result on a digital screen.

Bettybee, that's happened to you before? Did it change right when you opened it, or did you touch anything?

Haha my OH must have seen the test laying on the bathroom counter this morning because he texted me a picture of it and said "Are you?????" Poor thing probably had a minor heart attack! Stupid tests!

It was in the clear blue ones but yeah as soon as I cracked it open must be disturbing something in it it's happened a good few times and a few times it hasnt and when I once got preg 1-2 on it I openens it too see the lines and it went too not pregnant of course I freaked lol. !!!!! D

I wouldn't have thought you could even open a digital. Now I am going to be tempted. lol!

Yeah once you open the digitals they can get messed up easily and change the reading. What it says when the test is first done is the accurate reading, not once it's been broken open.

It is tempting, but don't do it because you'll drive yourself crazy like I have!! :wacko: LOL

Well I figured it just got messed up since I opened it, so thanks everyone for the advice!

Opening a FRER has driven my life crazy. lol Thanks for the warning!

I had this same thing happen with a first response digital, curosity got the lest of me and I wanted to see what was inside just for the heck of it, I opened it up and it changed to "Yes +"...I was not pregnant.

Well, according to the internet cheapies it appears I am not preggo :/ Although I've heard bad things about them, so I don't know if I trust them or not. I'm glad (although very sorry :( ) to hear this has happened to other people so I know it could just be a malfunction. Now I won't get my hopes up. Thanks guys! :hugs:

If you open them it screws the computer chip in them. I used one when I first fell pregnant and opened it to see what it looked like inside, it went from pregnant 2-3 weeks to negative, and I could also make it go up to pregnant 3+ weeks just by pressing on it.

When i opened an old one before it said not pregnant 2-3 weeks LOL! defo shouldnt open them just read the result and chuck it away (I know this is hard to do but its for the best) xx

You'd think I would have been able to find more info on this with how common it seems to be! Thanks guys so much for all the input!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->