Digital OPK and CBFM Discrepancies??? Need Advice Please

divaofsongs

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am new here, looking for support through this journey. This is going to be long, but I would really appreciate anyone who will read it and give their input. It is about the results of the CBFM, and the two different Clearblue Digital OPK tests giving completely different results.

First, a little background info. I am 48 years old, hubby is 50. We have had numerous miscarriages over the past 20 years and haven't had any children yet, so our dear friend's daughter (24 years old and very fertile) has graciously agreed to have a baby for us. It will be her egg, and my husband's sperm. We are using OPK's and a midwife, who is coming to our home to do the insemination with a speculum and cannula syringe, similar to how they do in the fertility dr. office, just WAY cheaper! My hubby had a semen analysis done and is good to go, so we are hoping it will be successful, sooner rather than later.

Now, for the discrepancies/questions........

Our surrogate started using the CBFM but only got high, never a peak, which we read is not uncommon the first month, but to avoid missing her ovulation another month, this month we decided to use backup OPK's, just in case the monitor missed her ovulation again. Dec. 8th was CD1 for her and the CBFM had her start testing on the morning of Sat., CD9. The results have been low CD9, CD10, CD11, and today, CD12, it went to high.

In addition, she was been using both of the digital Clearblue OPK tests, the purple one with 3 faces, low, high, and peak, and the pink one that just gives neg or pos results. Since CD9, when she started testing with all 3 devices, she has registered low or negative, but last night, she noticed a tiny amount of spotting, so on a hunch, she decided to do the digital tests (she did both) and the purple one with the 3 faces, gave her a big smiley face, indicating it had detected her LH surge, but the pink one was still reading negative. Later that night she did both tests again, and got the same results.....the purple one said LH surge detected with smiley face, the pink one was neg.

After 2 positive digital tests last night and a third one this morning, she did the CBFM test this morning, and it went from Low, to High, but is not saying "Peak" like the digital test is indicating.........again, she also did the pink digital test, and it was still showing the empty circle/neg again this morning.

This is very confusing......to have the purple digital test detecting an LH surge, but the other 2 tests not showing it......the CBFM picked up her estrogen surge, not LH.......the pink digital test only detects LH surge and it is not detecting the surge.....we don't know what or which one to believe!!!

Just to be safe, we called the midwife and she came out and did an insemination.....while she was here, she did another digital OPK and got the same results.....a smiley face on the purple test and a neg on the pink test.

Also, while she was here for the insemination session, she had cramping from her right ovary area, so that is another reason why we think the test might be right........she had the spotting last night, then the cramping today. Last month was her first month using the CBFM and it never gave her a peak, only high. She had spotting, then cramping the next day, just like what is happening right now, and 14 days after she had the spotting/cramping, she got her period, so it was most likely signs of ovulation but we never tried the insemination because the monitor never showed peak.

I really don't know what to make of this. I was thinking maybe it was a false positive, but after 4 positives, I doubt it is a false positive, but why would the other test be neg? And the CBFM only go to high instead of peak?

Is it possible to get several false positives on the digital OPK's?

We just learned about BBT and she will be starting that right away, we're waiting on the thermometer to get here from Amazon.

We scheduled an insemination with the midwife every 2 days until her CBFM goes to peak or low, just in case this is a false positive, we don't want to miss the window of opportunity.

I would appreciate any insight. I am so excited, scared, nervous, and frustrated, all at once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->