Digital or IC which is the right one!?

MrsStutler

Mom of 3!
Reaction score
I got a smiley on my clear blue digital OPK today but my IC looks negative still. I have gobs of EWCM and although my cervix is open it is still pretty firm. I'm not sure which test to believe!

Attachments

• IMG_20140827_214421.jpg
    IMG_20140827_214421.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 15
I think I've done similar things: I used both Clear Blue Advanced Digital and Wondfo. I only used these one month (no pregnancy yet), but my experience was that when I got a flashing smiley with Clear Blue ("high fertility"), Wondfo was negative. I then got a steady smiley a few days later, and Wondfo was positive for the first time (only day, actually).

So Wondfo indicated one day of fertility, whereas Clear Blue gave me two days of "high fertility" and another two days of "peak fertility."

Your post was from yesterday. So maybe you got positive on both tests today? I hope so. Good luck!

Today's test were more or less the same. I got a smiley on the digital and not even kind of close on the cheap one. This digital one is the cheap version clearblue has, it either gives just a smiley or a blank circle. I'm hoping maybe my IC ones have just been sitting in the drawer too long. Judging by all of my other symptoms I'm thinking the digital one is more correct. Usually they coincide though, it's weird they are so drastically different this cycle.

That's weird. BD anyway since it's fun and you're potentially fertile? :) I got my tests on Amazon. Clear Blue Advanced Digital with 20 sticks at Walgreens was $60, but Amazon had them for $35. I've only used Advanced Digital, but I thought it was super easy to use. It helped that it coincided perfectly with Wondfo. It gives circle (not fertile), flashing smiley (high fertility), and solid smile (peak fertility).

Have your IC ones expired? Well, like I said, BD anyway :) Good luck!

Well it looks like the digital one was right after all! My temps seem like they will confirm O day to be the 29th, at least they will as long as my temp stays up tomorrow. I never did get a true positive on my IC ones. They didn't even have an expiration date on them but I think they were just cheap duds. Glad I used the digi to double check.

Yep the digi was probably right - I had the exact same thing the month I got pregnant with my son - positive on the digi and the monitor but not quite on the cheapie.

Clear blue advanced is the same as clear blue dual hormone

Clear blue advanced look for two hormones one estrogen the other LH

The flashing smiley means your estrogen level is up (flashing smiley) then it looks in the days after for your Lh surge (Solid Smiley)

Only when the advanced picks up the Lh surge will the cheaper sticks pick it up as they are not looking for the two hormones the clear blue is.

Its a nice way of saying ok its going to happen start :sex:

Same thing happened to me smiley face on CB digital ovulation kit but negative OPK dip sticks (in fact they never got positive).

Anyhow i am now in my 8th week of pregnancy so my CB digital was correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->