Disabled Parking Badge

Lottie86

Mummy to Findlay & Iona
Reaction score
I have been told that Findlay is likely to qualify for a badge due to the bulky equipment he is accompanied by everywhere he goes (feeding pump plus box of stuff in case his gastrostomy button comes out as it has to be replaced immediately) and I have got the form through but do I fill in Part A (applicants details) as him as that is who the badge is for?

There are loads of other questions and Part E says "Complete this only if the application is for a child who is under 2 years of age" What I am not sure of is this means I only need to fill in Part A, E and F (gps details) or if I need to fill in the other bits as well?

Has anyone filled in the form for a child under 2 and could advise me about it?

you'll need to fill it out for him, as its him the badge is for! i've got my form sat around somewhere as i'm moving house, but i think the forms are all different depending on your location as its done by your local council. your GP or HV should be able to help you, or if you ring up the office they should tell you what to do aswell! i had mine sent back as i took it in to the doctors incomplete and they just signed it and sent it off, didnt look to see if there was any proof of address, pics or anythin, it wasnt even signed :dohh:

I filled in mine in for myself but i filled mine in at the council office and they helped me fill it out so that it was right and i got my badge there and then so you could always go down and ask them for some help

Fill in the section that applies to children under 2 .whoever advised you that Findlay would not likely get a badge is talking a load of Tosh!

Firstly, the assessment if he is applying under the discretionary rules mean that he will be assessed by a GP contracted by the local authority.

They will ultimately determine if he has a permanent disabilty which prevents him from using public transport.

the forms are pretty standard so can help you further if you get stuck.

good luck

Chet

Best advice is to write a letter to go with the ap. Use the letter to write about why a badge would be important to you. Worked for me!

Fill in the application as him, as you put your details underneath anyway. And yes, you just fill in the part about the child under two and tick whichever box applies.

You are quite likey to get a badge. My son has one and he recieves the middle rate DLA x

Hi I am disabled I have a prosthetic right leg and you should also recieve carers allowance like my parents done when I was little, you should recieve it until they leave home

I went to C.A.B to help me fill in mine :)

I HOPE YOU DONT MIND ME ASKING BUT DID YOU GET IT DUE TO YOUR SONS AUTISM? I WASNT SURE IF WE WOULD GET ONE :shrug: (MY SON GETS DLA- MIDDLE RATE DUE TO HIS AUTISM. XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->