disastrous 20 week scan..

tulip2002

Reaction score
Ok so we had our 20 week scan last week was kinda arguein with partner as he wanted to know what it was. And i like the idea of a surprise. Well got into scan room. And all we got to see of baby was the back of its head. They couldn't get any measurements they needed at all. We got to see nothing! And I didn't ask about the sex but she did say i cant tell you if you wanted to know as baby was in such a awful position! Couldnt get nothing at all. Although they didnt charge me for a picture just gave me one for free as it was that bad just abit of back of babys head haha. So told me to save tokens for next time. Was told by scan person will book u in again in a weeks time. Go to see dr after scan and she books it in for 3 weeks time. So now i have to wait another 3 weeks for my 20 week scan! Hope it doesnt happen again. Never had this hapen before!. Thing was they scan person didn't even try jiggle belly of anything like they did at 12 week scan. Strange

So sorry your scan was so bad :( You would of thought they would of tried a bit better to get baby to move, I remember when I was pregnant with dd2 she was standing on her head being very arkward, the woman doing the scan got me to go for a bit of a wee and come back and try again, also tried moving on each side and she eventually moved the right way.
3 weeks seems a bit long to wait also. Fx that it's a better experience at your next scan :hugs:

That's crazy sorry Hun. Try to drink a glass of orange juice 1/2 an hour befo the next scan. Hopefully that will have it moving around a little bit more. Can't believe she didn't even try though, she must have just wanted to blow through the appointment and go home.

Sorry your scan turned out so crappy! Hopefully your rescan will be much better.

I definitely agree with PP about drinking OJ before your scan. When I was pregnant with DD the 20 week scan wasn't great. Baby just wouldn't cooperate for the entire scan, I had to walk around and pee and all sorts and when she finally did she wouldn't give us a potty shot, I ended up paying for a private gender scan and wasn't spending all the money to not get an answer. I drank lots of juice and sure enough baby was very wiggly and awake for the next scan and we got a potty shot pretty much straight away. Good luck!

so sorry this happened! every tech is different in the amount of effort they make to get the measurements. at my 12wk i have the same girl 2x and it hought she tried hard, but on the 3rd attempt i got a different girl who literally tried a million things until she got the measurements we needed. Good luck in 3 wks!

That's terrible, what a lazy sonographer. With mine he was being awkward, she had me upside down on the bed for nearly an hour lol, and I went out for food and drink and she called me back in. They should make more of an effort for things like this. Hope your next scan is better x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->