Discounts and Samples?

Amythyst

Reaction score
Hey there, was just curious if there was any special place I could find some good free samples or deals on stuff for the baby? I did get some free samples of formula from a couple of the big companies but was just curious if there are any special places we should buy supplies or if there are any good offers out there?

Any tips are appreciated!

We got free diaper bags with lots of formula from Nestle. Its an online sign up. They also gave a little diaper rash ointment.

Honestly, the diaper bags aren't the cutest, but they are quite handy to have :) Other companies also sent formula samples. I will likely be breastfeeding so I don't know what to do with so many formula samples. I have kept them in case though. Diaper samples would be great to have on the other hand, but Pampers and huggies don't have samples unfortunately :(

However, I would like to add that it would be a good idea to sign up with Pampers & Huggies as they both have rewards programs. That way you can save on diapers and get free coupons

I got samples when I signed up at Motherhood maternity and registered at target and buy buy baby. I've gotten bottles, pacifiers, detergent, diaper rash ointment, skin care samples for me and for baby, diapers, wipes, and dishwashing soap... I think that covers it all...

Awe no fair! I've only gotten formula. I would love to have gotten baby bottles and the other stuff you mentioned. :/

If you make a registry at Babies R Us they give you a small gift bag which included a bottle, a travel pack of wipes, 1 newborn diaper, a few breast pads and a sample of butt paste. Also a few coupons as well.

Oh yeah I forgot about the beast pads and beast milk bag as well. I got mine from buy buy baby and target though. Honestly wasn't expecting the one from target. But it had one of the bottles, the pacifier, a diaper and a lot of little samples in it as well. Buy buy baby also had a bottle in it, but no pacifier. Both had wipes if I remember correctly. Even if you aren't having a shower or already had it just go register and get the free stuff hehe

Oh yeah I forgot about the beast pads and beast milk bag as well. I got mine from buy buy baby and target though. Honestly wasn't expecting the one from target. But it had one of the bottles, the pacifier, a diaper and a lot of little samples in it as well. Buy buy baby also had a bottle in it, but no pacifier. Both had wipes if I remember correctly. Even if you aren't having a shower or already had it just go register and get the free stuff hehe

That's why I registered this time. Not having a shower or anything, I just wanted the free gifts and plus at BRU I *think* that you can get a 10% discount on your registry purchases. I put things on it for my daughter so I can take advantage of the 10% off. :)

That's why I registered this time. Not having a shower or anything, I just wanted the free gifts and plus at BRU I *think* that you can get a 10% discount on your registry purchases. I put things on it for my daughter so I can take advantage of the 10% off. :)

Buy buy baby does that too! And I think target as well.

Thanks, maybe I'll register at Target as well. I don't think we have a Buy Buy Baby near us. I wonder if they give the 10% discount on diapers? It seems that no store EVER gives discounts on diapers or formula.

I doubt it. I'll only buy something from there with a 20% coupon that they give out so freely. And they're never good for diapers or wipes.

It sound like you're in the US, but if by any chance you're in the UK, the Boots Parenting Club is well worth signing up for! You get a free changing bag when you buy a pack of newborn nappies, and loads of good coupons (through baby's first two years, too!) for free stuff and money off. Plus you get 10 Advantage points per pound you spend on baby stuff, instead of just 4.

I did my registry at babiesrus.com and buy buy baby - I didn't get a gift bag. :(

Aww man you got jipped! I'm sorry :(

Did you go into the actual store or just online? I purposely went in store to get the free stuff.

Someone told me about something called "amazon mom" - they give you free shipping and 20% off diapers but there is a monthly subscription after their 30 day free trial. I haven't checked to see how much it is yet.

I think if you do the registry online that you can go to the store to claim the gift bag :) And I'm a part of the amazon mom thing, that way you get 15% off the registry instead of a normal 10% completion discount.

What is the monthly fee for the amazon mom? Is it worth it?

I registered online, then went to the store to add a few things and they gave me gift bags! Just go in and say you want to add a few things :)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->