Disheartened for feeling too human

AussieBub

Mum to 2DD & 1DS
Reaction score
So I'm 14+5 weeks today and can't stop wondering if everything is ok because I feel too human. All symptoms have gone. No more nausea, vomiting, fatigue, sore boobs etc. Everything has gone. Saw baby 2 weeks ago with a perfect little beating heart. Desperately wanting to feel baby move because i feel like I'm in a limbo stage right now. I feel so much better that some days I forget I'm pregnant. It's actually really disheartening. I felt my first move at 16 weeks and since I'll be 15 weeks on Friday, I kinda thought I'd be feeling baby any day now. Anyone else feeling completely normal and not at all pregnant?

-AussieBub

Not in the exact same boat my boobs are super sore and I take zofran but otherwise I don't feel pregnant and some days it slips my mind and I don't think about it. I don't feel baby my last scan was fine but I do worry. I felt baby for 3 days at 14 weeks but after that it's been nothing. I feel like I should feel at least something but nope. Not very reassuring.

I am sure it will be fine but you can always call and ask about it or see if you can schedule a private scan in the next week or two (which if you want to find out gender you could use it as an early gender scan as well). I did a private gender scan at 16 weeks and happy I did otherwise I'd probably be worried sick at this point. Try not to stress out to much though. Second tri is when a lot of symptoms subside, sometimes for good and sometimes it's for a few weeks. Other then the aches of carrying two all my symptoms disappeared at 16 weeks with my boys, this one from 13-15 weeks my symptoms disappeared but came all came back.

Yeah I've booked a gender scan for the 22nd of this month. I'll be 17+1 weeks. Got my 16 week midwife appointment on the 14th though and will get to hear the baby's heartbeat hopefully. Think its so disheartening because with my daughter i had a week max between the sickness ending and feeling her move for the first time. So there was never enough time to worry if she was still ok. This time I've been feeling human for almost 2 weeks now. Just feels like a whole lot of waiting around. OH keeps telling me to stop comparing this pregnancy to my first but it's hard not to sometimes. I know I'm just being silly. Just having one of them days I think.

-AussieBub

I just made the exact same post before I saw this. I'm 16+2 weeks and it's making me extremely nervous I don't have an appointment until the end of the month.

That actually makes me feel a little better. Knowing that I'm not the only one feeling this way I mean. It's so daunting. Hopefully you start feeling pregnant soon. Xx

-AussieBub

My entire pregnancy I felt human. It killed my anxiety because my other pregnancies and all the women in my family are MISERABLE throughout pregnancy. I never had morning sickness, never got round ligament pain. I had very mild fatigue. I also had an anterior placenta so I didn't feel movements until late in tri 2. So I totally empathize. But for what it's worth my pregnancy has had zero complications, kiddo measures exact each visit, and I'm already showing progress towards labor more than most ftm so just because you are lacking symptoms does not mean anything is wrong :). Just count yourself lucky :)

Thanks, i wanna count myself as lucky it's just hard when this pregnancy is the polar opposite of my first. Everyone is telling me that it could be because of different genetics (DD is from my previous marriage). They're all also guessing a boy because of how different this pregnancy is.

With DD I had severe morning sickness, was taken to hospital with low glucose and dehydration because of it and had to be given medication to ease it. Second trimester I'd get 3 day long migraines once a week. Then in third trimester I developed tachycardia and had to be admitted to hospital for a series of tests. I ended up having to be induced because my body was showing signs of pre-eclampsia (though i didnt have it).

This pregnancy, I've had barely any morning sickness, on/off nausea, extreme fatigue and bad mood swings. All those symptoms have gone now and I feel so normal. I feel like I'm supposed to feel like death and the fact I don't has me feeling uneasy and anxious. I'm sure baby is fine and I'll feel him/her soon enough but this waiting around is killing my sanity.

-AussieBub

Both my pregnancys have been very different so i agree it is hard. In my case it is a different sex but I don't know if that's part of it or not. No pregnancy is the same I am sure everything is all good! Good luck with your scan :)

Yeah, I can't say if all my other beans were girls or boys but each pregnancy is different. I hope the time passes quickly and your gender scan brings you some reassurance :)

I have been extremely lucky in both of my pregnancies and haven't had any major symptoms that stick around for more than a day or two. Never once have I had morning sickness, any aches and pains are gone almost immediately.
I totally feel your pain. I am currently 15+5 and am so impatient when it comes to feeling baby move lol.
I feel great right now other than the fact that nothing fits ��

Try and enjoy it :) i have stopped feeling sick but i have these horrible my moments when my energy drops and it's usually when im out and i want to be back home in bed. It makes me wary of making plans. Alot of people feel much better after 12 weeks x

It is common for symptoms to subside going into the second tri. I've had it almost perfect for this pregnancy since the start almost wondering if I was pregnant at all and it's the healthiest one i've had when it comes to baby's health. Took me seeing the lil bub on a portable ultrasound in the doc's office to believe I was even pregnant because I've found to have had it too easy lol. Pregnancy does not =/= being miserable. Enjoy the easy ride you've been blessed with and good luck on the scan :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->