• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Disney/Walmart Ad is back

dairymomma

Reaction score
Wobbles (or other admin), I'm having the same issue with a Disney/Walmart ad hijacking BnB. When I go to BnB in the desktop view, it looks normal but if you try to go to a forum or log in or pretty much do anything, I get sent to the Walmart website to view Disney Baby branded items. The ad itself looks normal sized but it's like there is this invisible border around it that covers the entire page. Since the ad is normal size, I can't really take a screenshot. I have to be in Mobile View in order to do anything on BnB.

This seems like it's a common issue with Walmart/Disney Baby ads on BnB. I'm assuming it's an issue on their end but is there a way to let their ad design team know this is a chronic issue so they can keep it from happening in the future?

Thanks!

Is this showing when you are logged out only? I've tried getting the ad to occur without luck.

What Country are you?

x

It was happening whether I was logged in or logged out. But it was only there that one day. I haven't seen it since. :shrug:

And I'm in the US for future reference.

The horrible Disney ad is back and I can't click on anything on the desktop version when I am logged in!

I am in the US just FYI.

Can you take a screenshot?

What device are you using?

What browser are you using?

Thanks <3

I am on a PC on Chrome (incognito window)

The ad has been coming and going all morning.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2017-06-16 10:47:48.jpg
    Screenshot from 2017-06-16 10:47:48.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 8
I've been having issues with ads for about a year. Some days I have none, other days it's impossible to get on. Are they not supposed to be there then? I'm sure this is why everyone's gone quiet, they've given up trying to get on!
It's such a shame :(

i cleared the cookies on my browser and they stopped, they were def popping up for me this morning as well

This Ad is making it impossible to do anything on the website. It literally has taken me numerous times of refreshing to just click in the box so that I can hopefully write this. Its getting absolutely ridiculous. Tried clearing cookies and it didn't work for me. Still has the stupid disney Ad!

Wobbles-It's back again. I'm in the US and if I'm on BnB (doesn't matter if I'm logged in or not), that darn Disney/Walmart ad just hijacks the whole screen. Everything *looks* normal and the ad is normal sized but it's like there is this invisible barrier over the entire thing so if you click a forum or thread, it sends you to the Disney Baby products on Walmart's website. If I go into Mobile view, it doesn't show up. It's only in Desktop and it's not on every page I've loaded from BnB. :shrug:

Thank you <3

Is there an 'x' or [close] option?

Can you screenshot for me? x

It's gone today. But when it's up, there isn't an option to close it down. Every other ad that covers the page or is larger sized has a little X in the corner or a 'close ad' link to click but this one Walmart/Disney ad never does. If it comes back, I'll try to get a screen shot so you can at least see what ad it is. :thumbup:

dairymomma - I screen captured and attached to the previous page!

wobbles - the ad does not "cover" the whole page in the sense that you can't see the actual website. However, if you hover over any part of the page except for the very very top and very very bottom of the page, it will redirect you to the walmart page. There is no X to get out of the ad. It's actually a really malicious ad that disables the bnb website completely unless you are on the mobile version. it's happened at least 3 times this month.

Let me know if this is still causing problems today x

I can't even reply to this from the first page because it's on this thread now!

Yup. It's back today and i can only type this via the mobile site

Its back and making the whole site pretty much useless!

We're working on getting it fixed. It only affects Chrome. The only thing I can suggest for now is to use a different browser.

Buffaloed-it's not only affecting Chrome. I only use Firefox as my web browser and it shows up on there too.

ETA-I don't know if it's showing up for me today as I've kept BnB in mobile view for the last few days. Some of the other ads slow my computer down too much otherwise. (This is an issue with my computer, not the website though.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->