Disneyland Paris questions!

SarahP13

Mummy to a princess :-)
Reaction score
Hi girls,

We are off to see Mickey Mouse in a few weeks :happydance: and I have a few questions I was hoping some of you could answer...

I'm not sure whether to take our buggy board or not. I'm taking a carrier so if DD1 gets tired she can go in the buggy while I carry DD2, however she's pretty good at hopping on and off the board. Thing is you can't collapse the pushchair with the board attached, do you think this will be a problem? For example, do you have to fold up your pushchair when you go on a ride? Or in restaurants? Or on the shuttle bus from hotel to park?

When you go on a ride what do you have to do with your bags? We will need a fairly sizeable bag to carry supplies, is there somewhere secure to leave it or should I make sure there is absolutely nothing of any value in it?

Lastly, for those who have been at Christmas...can we meet Father Christmas there?! We have a lovely place locally we can go to but we have to pre-book/pay. If we can see him at Disney I think we may rather do that. So, is he there? Is it any good? Do we need to pre-book?

Think that's all for now! If anyone has any other tips I'd be very grateful.

Hi girls,

We are off to see Mickey Mouse in a few weeks :happydance: and I have a few questions I was hoping some of you could answer...

I'm not sure whether to take our buggy board or not. I'm taking a carrier so if DD1 gets tired she can go in the buggy while I carry DD2, however she's pretty good at hopping on and off the board. Thing is you can't collapse the pushchair with the board attached, do you think this will be a problem? For example, do you have to fold up your pushchair when you go on a ride? Or in restaurants? Or on the shuttle bus from hotel to park?

When you go on a ride what do you have to do with your bags? We will need a fairly sizeable bag to carry supplies, is there somewhere secure to leave it or should I make sure there is absolutely nothing of any value in it?

Lastly, for those who have been at Christmas...can we meet Father Christmas there?! We have a lovely place locally we can go to but we have to pre-book/pay. If we can see him at Disney I think we may rather do that. So, is he there? Is it any good? Do we need to pre-book?

Think that's all for now! If anyone has any other tips I'd be very grateful.

Ok in order, hehe!

You don't have to collapse the pushchair when on a ride as you leave in the buggy parks outside. Neither do you have to do this when you go to a restaurant but some are quite tight to manouver in so be aware you may need to leave it outside again. Where abouts are you staying? If you're onsite, don't bother with the shuttles just walk it. If offsite, then you may be made to collapse the buggy to make space, it just depends. What I would say is that at 2 1/2 DD needed her pushchair, we're going again in April next yearand she'll be 3 1/2 and will also take a pushchair as there is a lot of walking.

As for rides, it depends on the ride. Sedate ones you can take your bag and put it at your feet, for more thrill types, there are lockers on Main Street which you can use.

Father Christmas is usually in a village in Frontierland that they set up specifically for Christmas. When we've visited, we've just queued up, no need to pre-book etc but the queue may be long and European culture is a little different to ours so have patience :winkwink:

Any other questions, feel free to PM, other wise pop over to The Dibb :flower:

Thanks so much!

DD1 is 2.8 months and a great walker but fully expecting her to kick her sister out of the pushchair a fair bit. I've done Florida and California so I have a fair idea of the amount of walking needed, we'll have a carrier with us for baby and DD1 loves Daddy's shoulder rides too! I'm actually leaning towards leaving the board as I think she'd rather walk or be pushed/carried.

Thanks for the tip about lockers too, DD1 has been potty trained for a few months but still has the odd accident when excited/distracted so have a feeling we might need a couple of spare pairs of trousers with us. Packing light is not really an option!

Think we'll try and see Father Christmas there, if the queue is too long we can leave it and see him locally when we get home.

One other slightly strange question (if you don't mind?!), did you happen to notice anyone celebrating birthdays? And if so, in what way? We are going for OH's 40th birthday (his choice!) and I want to try and arrange something but not sure what/how.

Ps What's The Dibb?!?!

Thanks so much!

DD1 is 2.8 months and a great walker but fully expecting her to kick her sister out of the pushchair a fair bit. I've done Florida and California so I have a fair idea of the amount of walking needed, we'll have a carrier with us for baby and DD1 loves Daddy's shoulder rides too! I'm actually leaning towards leaving the board as I think she'd rather walk or be pushed/carried.

Thanks for the tip about lockers too, DD1 has been potty trained for a few months but still has the odd accident when excited/distracted so have a feeling we might need a couple of spare pairs of trousers with us. Packing light is not really an option!

Think we'll try and see Father Christmas there, if the queue is too long we can leave it and see him locally when we get home.

One other slightly strange question (if you don't mind?!), did you happen to notice anyone celebrating birthdays? And if so, in what way? We are going for OH's 40th birthday (his choice!) and I want to try and arrange something but not sure what/how.

Ps What's The Dibb?!?!

Hi,

Sorry for the delay! Ok if you've done Florida then halve the size and you get a good idea of Paris, but it's a lot nippier at times, the wind can be a little biting.

The Baby Centre on Main Street is pretty good for help with things and the shop at the end of Main Street by the gates is good for spare clothes if you do forget anything. I had to buy DD leggings in March as I'd put her in dungarees and it was a faff with going to the loo also wearing a ski suit. I'd packed 3 pairs too :dohh:

As for birthdays, well we celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary there in March and had dinner in the California Grill. We'd told them in advance when booking and they seated us in the bay window looking straight down Main Street at 7pm, just before the fireworks started, that was pretty special to be honest. They chose the time for us too and recommended that. I'd highly recommend there for a very special meal.

They don't do the birthday badges like in Florida but you can order a birthday cake at a restaurant, they're about 25euros I think and you can arrange something in the room through Guest Services of your hotel, so it's worth calling a week before to Concierge and explain.

We went for my Mum's 40th 18 years ago and she looped the loop on the morning of it, that was what she wanted to do, lol! We're going in April for my 30th funny enough :haha: I intend to have a glass of wine with my lunch and wear Minnie ears all day ;)

As for things to do, how about one of their tours? They're really interesting and not too long. Otherwise, I'd book a nice lunch either in the Disneyland Hotel or Walts or The Steakhouse is nice too and arrange a cake. Get him some ears or make him a hamper of things to take with you.

Here's the link to The Dibb:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=156

I hope that helps a little!

Oh my goodness that website is amazing!! I'm really excited now!! :happydance:

That birthday info is great- I'll give them a call this week and see if I can arrange anything. We're going to the Wild Bill show on his birthday and Cafe Mickey on another evening. I had planned to take a candle to ask them to stick in his dessert but I may try and organise a cake instead. He'll love being the centre of attention :haha:

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I really appreciate it!

No problem, ask all kinds on the Dibb, we're a friendly bunch ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->