Disposable Nappies

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Club' started by sweetcheeks85, Apr 25, 2009.

1. sweetcheeks85

sweetcheeks85 Well-Known Member

So ive started buying nappies for when :baby: arrives. I have about 3 packets of size 1's (2 pampers + 1 huggies). I was just wondering if this is enough of size 1's coz I know there is isnt a major difference between size 1 and 2 so should I just start buying size 2's now?

How many nappies have ppl roughly bought in advance to last them the first month or so when LO arrives?

Thanx

2. missjacey44

missjacey44 Jacey & Baby Tye

I brought 3 packs of size 1 pampers before LO arrived. I did buy a few more once he was actually here though, He didnt move to size 2 untill he was about 3months old (i think if i remember right) And he was 7lb8oz at birth. I wouldnt buy any more than you've already got, Just put the money aside now to buy once LO is actually here x

3. bex

bex Our little princess

Niamh was 8lb 12oz when she was born and was in size 1 till she was about 3 months old. She's just gone into size 3 and she's 5 months. If you see a good offer over the next few months then you could get some more but you've got plenty.

4. amylw1

amylw1 my 3 boys in avatar. x

the only i was told about size 1s is they are best used until the cord comes away as they have a slight cut out bit for it and size 2 could rub.

all nappies have a weight overlap bit.

5. jenny_wren

jenny_wren Queen Spammatha

im using size 2 now ... used them straight away
    and they do rub on the cord so i should have
    brought some size 1s really but we were told
    shes was gonna be a big un so we stocked up
    on bigger ones and she wasn't lol :dohh:

xx​

6. lesleyann

lesleyann Mummy

I have loads of size 1's but i got them very cheap and some brought for me :) I mean like brand new packs of huggies size 1's £2 :) I have about 5packs on huggies and 3 packs of pampers i brought 2/3 packs the rest have been brought lol and i brought 100 Size 2 Huggies Nappies for £10 from tesco on offer :)

7. mrso

mrso Lovin my Family

General rule of thumb is that a newborn goes through an average 8 diapers a day. I found that the pampers swaddlers were the best for me. I also found that if you had to use a diaper that was a touch big you can always fold it down at the top. The size 1 were just a touch too tall at first for my son so I folded the tops down and strapped him in that way.

8. dizzy duck

dizzy duck Mummy to Oliver

I have brought the same amount as you and wont be buying anymore until I know what suits him as the say some babies suit Pampers, others Huggies so till we know I don't want to waste money. Take care :hugs: XX