Disposable Nappies

sweetcheeks85

Reaction score
So ive started buying nappies for when :baby: arrives. I have about 3 packets of size 1's (2 pampers + 1 huggies). I was just wondering if this is enough of size 1's coz I know there is isnt a major difference between size 1 and 2 so should I just start buying size 2's now?

How many nappies have ppl roughly bought in advance to last them the first month or so when LO arrives?

Thanx

I brought 3 packs of size 1 pampers before LO arrived. I did buy a few more once he was actually here though, He didnt move to size 2 untill he was about 3months old (i think if i remember right) And he was 7lb8oz at birth. I wouldnt buy any more than you've already got, Just put the money aside now to buy once LO is actually here x

Niamh was 8lb 12oz when she was born and was in size 1 till she was about 3 months old. She's just gone into size 3 and she's 5 months. If you see a good offer over the next few months then you could get some more but you've got plenty.

the only i was told about size 1s is they are best used until the cord comes away as they have a slight cut out bit for it and size 2 could rub.

all nappies have a weight overlap bit.

im using size 2 now ... used them straight away
and they do rub on the cord so i should have
brought some size 1s really but we were told
shes was gonna be a big un so we stocked up
on bigger ones and she wasn't lol :dohh:

xx​

I have loads of size 1's but i got them very cheap and some brought for me :) I mean like brand new packs of huggies size 1's £2 :) I have about 5packs on huggies and 3 packs of pampers i brought 2/3 packs the rest have been brought lol and i brought 100 Size 2 Huggies Nappies for £10 from tesco on offer :)

General rule of thumb is that a newborn goes through an average 8 diapers a day. I found that the pampers swaddlers were the best for me. I also found that if you had to use a diaper that was a touch big you can always fold it down at the top. The size 1 were just a touch too tall at first for my son so I folded the tops down and strapped him in that way.

I have brought the same amount as you and wont be buying anymore until I know what suits him as the say some babies suit Pampers, others Huggies so till we know I don't want to waste money. Take care :hugs: XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->