Dixie - cute or silly?

Roscoe

Reaction score
Hi all - I'm just wondering what you think of the name Dixie (last name Jackson) for a little girl? I'm not currently pregnant (well, could be.. 2ww :shrug:..) I love it and my boyfriend likes it too, but I have a feeling it's not a popular name for a reason. I'm interested to know what you think. Any popular references come to mind that I should know about?

It makes me think of the Dixie Chicks!
I'm personally not a fan, but I do agree it's a cute name. If you like it, then go for it!

a guy from kings of leon named his daughter dixie! i thnk its cute

I have a feeling that's the reaction I'd get from my family, haha. Thanks for the encouragement!

In Europe, it's a company that rents out portaloos. "Dixie" is actually used for "portable toilet" there. Not a problem in the states I suspect though.

Reminds me of Dixie Cups....Not a name I would choose for a child, especially not a baby girl. I'm sorry, just not a fan.
If you like it, however, then go for it!!

How about pixie? Still sounds the same but sounds more girly :)

I had a friend who considered that name but ended up going with "Daisy" instead. I love names that arn't super popular.

I saw someone in H and M (clothes store) the other day with a little girl called Dixie, she was very cute. I like it.

I've come across one - but I tend to think it's one of those names that won't grow well with the child - like Honey, Daisy and similar things - they sound adorable with a tiny little girl, but I just can't see them fitting a teenager going through the great big ungraceful galumphing phase very well at all.

In Europe, it's a company that rents out portaloos. "Dixie" is actually used for "portable toilet" there. Not a problem in the states I suspect though.

Yes, it would be a problem to a lot of my friends - Old Dixie being a term of "endearment" for the Old South of slavery days...

Its not a name for me - Dixie is a cute name for a little girl but not a woman in her 40s :/

It reminds me of dixi chicken the chicken firm. Not for me at all

Personally not a fan of the name Dixie or Pixie. If you like it, that's all that matters though. :)

I've come across one - but I tend to think it's one of those names that won't grow well with the child - like Honey, Daisy and similar things - they sound adorable with a tiny little girl, but I just can't see them fitting a teenager going through the great big ungraceful galumphing phase very well at all.

WSS /\ Couldn't imagine a 30 year old Dixie going for a job interview or something lol. It's your decision ultimately though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->