Dixie - cute or silly?

I think its really cute! we named our dog Dixie :)

Same! Haha. But I only named my dog that because OH absolutely refused to let me consider Dixie for a future child's name.

I love it its very cute :) but i can understand your hesitation :) what about Trixi x

i knew a stripper called Dixie and she wasnt very nice, so thats all i can think when i here that name, sorry :(

I wouldn't like to be called Dixie- not great impression for job interviews etc

I've come across one - but I tend to think it's one of those names that won't grow well with the child - like Honey, Daisy and similar things - they sound adorable with a tiny little girl, but I just can't see them fitting a teenager going through the great big ungraceful galumphing phase very well at all.

i agree :thumbup:

you should test run the name by using it in situations people of different ages may be in (like being called at the doctors, getting a passport, applying for a job in an office, graduation, marriage etc... will the name grow with the child)

Sorry, to answer the question, I think it's silly. Not cute at all. As a previous poster said, it is a name I associate people clling their dogs.

I think it is lovely! It was a name I've loved for a while, and was definitely on my name list. It came to my attention when Lily Aldridge, one of my fave models (I think she's married to the guy from Kings of Leon) named her baby girl Dixie Pearl, I think that is the cutest name ever!

I wouldn't worry about what others think though, if you really like it!

I dont like it :( sorry.. I liked someones suggestion of going with Daisy though

Other suggestions:
Darcey
Dani (Danielle)
Dawn
Daphne
Darlene
Dayna

Sorry im not a fan either - or any names that rhyme with it, I agree with others; it's one of those names that cute as a baby and then not so much as a teenager and a woman. I had this thought in my head when choosing my Los name, I imagined her as a baby, a teen and a woman to see if the name stood the test of time.

Ultimately it's your choice though, so don't let mine or others opinions change your mind

X

I like Dixie, prefer Pixie xxx

Not a fan at all. It doesn't suit past childhood and a child has their name forever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->