• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

DIY APRIL come on girls

lol do you want a sewing machine as well you don't live far from me so nip down for a cuppa and get it hehe

:haha: if i could drive id happily come for it.(I love a day out) My machine is knackered from being used in scrapbooking. It's the next thing to buy I think (suggestions welcome)

Let me know how much you want for postage hun

Im hoping to make soon (ish)

A wet bag (need to find some nice pul patterned fabric)
A taggie toy as Noah loves ribbon

I really need to sell all my old hobby stuff before I start stocking up on sewing stash. Thats the next job after selling all of Noah's baby clothes.

I really need to sell all my old hobby stuff before I start stocking up on sewing stash. Thats the next job after selling all of Noah's baby clothes.

nice patterned pul is a nightmare to find in the UK isn't it! it is when i am making nappy's that I wish I lived in america lol

nice patterned pul is a nightmare to find in the UK isn't it! it is when i am making nappy's that I wish I lived in america lol

i might just order from america, i cant see postage scraing me as i used to order scrapbooking paper and that was super heavy

oh i have the biggest lit of projects...

i wanna learn to knit and currently have a big bundle of stuff from my mum ready and waiting but haven't found the time to start that mission- when i do i have a list of projects i'd like to try.

i also wanna make some more upcycled longies
a taggie (altho i've been meaning to do that for soooo long!!)
make a wrap (as in sling not nappy)
and a whole bunch of practice bits 4 my 'business'

i think these projects will take me waaaay past April tho :p

can't wait to see other peoples project pics.

I want to make a mei tai but don't have a sewing machine! :dohh:

I got my patterned pul off of ebay and it is lovely nice and light weight nappy nearly finished from it now :)

Maffie will pm you about postage :)

Lu I don't have a sewing maching either, I would love to make things though! Is this sewing business quite easy to do? I haven't used a sewing maching since school but I always quite like sewing x

ooh i have lots to make, not just orders but sooo much i bought to make leyla stuff and ive never got round to it, we need to start saving for a deposit and its not looking likely with the amount ive spent on nappies lately :blush: so i am going to join you in diy april, although its slightly cheating since i will be out of the country for most of it hahaa

x

My list is:
Finish knitting shorties
Knit babylegs
Make babylegs from socks
Make some medium nappies
Make some Flongies
Make a MT
Dye my Storch wrap purple

come on ladies i want to see pictures :haha:
I have the nappy patterns here for £1.15 postage recorded if you ladies would want a copy, just pm me your addys and i will pop them in for you, my pp addy is [email protected]

I wish I knew how to use a sewing machine. My knitting skills amount to knitting squares and scarves. I bought a kit in an attempt to learn how to crochet (never started it as I don't understand it!) I have numerous craft books but never have much luck :dohh: Too tired atm to do anything anyways. I did make some hairslides the other day. I see so much awesome stuff on etsy but I lack the talent :(

Aww mrs muffin you would suprise yourself trust me i did.

hmm i'm sure i just posted here but when i clicked post quick reply it took me to some photo website :growlmad:

anyway, i just remembered that a while ago somebody posted a link to some felt flowers on suckers that you use for essential oils in your nappy bucket or olbas oil close to baby's cot etc (think they were on jabula), well somewhere i have a bag of those little suckers and loads of felt scraps so i'm gonna try making some of those too :happydance:

ok im going to make a list so i can see if i can actually get some of our stuff done lol

atm i am making another soaker for leyla, have only done wasitband so far lmao, not sure if i'll have enough wool so will prob have to buy some more, i finished a soaker last night, will put a pic on at the end

so i have to do:

1. leyla's soaker
2. easter nappy
3. holiday dungarees
4. holiday wraps x 5
5. maternity tops refashioned from my old ones
6. maternity hotpants for holiday
7. leyla shorts for holiday
8. appliques on teeshirt to match holiday nappies x 5
9. nappy bag
10. more dungarees for leyla

so quite a lot to do, but i dont hae to get them all done urgent, just at some point lol

i also need to make loads more soakers to go in the shop but i am working on a pattern atm so not sure how long itll be till im happy with my pattern, also more instock nappies cos i dont like having to make everything to order and think it would be good if there was some instock :D

will be a very busy few months for me lmao

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back