DIY APRIL come on girls

dippy dee

Reaction score
Ok so the cost of fluff and slings etc is getting high and i know we are amazingly talented mamas so i thought we should get our sewing machines out etc and get making anything natural parenting related.
So come on ladies flash you projects.
I have to do so far this month -----
finish flame nappy
redo aplix on tigger nappy
make a new mt for going on hols
get some onesburg to make a wrap and dye it
make new baby legs.

I think that is it for me but pictures to follow

Mines not "natural parenting" related but I'm going to make Imi a taggy toy :D

I have loads to do....I still have a blanket I needs to sew up the edges of, I have my first ever knitted pair of shorties to sew up and lanolise (I think they are on the big side...hahaha) I have a cardie to put the buttons on and um...probably loads of other bits of knitting needing finnishing in the knitting bag!
I will do the blanket and cardie today if the paracetomol Ive taken does anything for this cold (I hate being ill) and take some pictures. Im really proud of the cardie.

Awww Vici, she'd love the blanket George was bought.

Can't wait to see you taggie!!xx

Yaya that's more like it ladies get them sewing machines, knitting needles etc out.
Save the cash and expand your stash lol

I've got to finish a pair of crochet longies (literally just got half a leg to do so I'd finish it in minutes but need to buy another ball of wool!) I've also got my first attempts at a fleece pocket nappy all cut out and ready to be sewn, but dexter hates the sound of the sewing machine so I've been putting that off too...

Well i have just made 20 fleece liners as some of the old ones i made were for small and medium nappies and i have also just made 2 easter bonnets for the kids parade tomorrow. Now if Harley stays asleep i will be able to do a few more diy bits.

I have a mei tai to finish - just need to find better strap fabric. Also got a kit off ebay to make a nappy wrap so could start that and need to make name wall hanging thing for nephew and leila - did one for my niece when pregnant but not got round to doing the others.

can i join you girls? my lil one isn't here yet but I have alot of things I need to make ready for his/her arrival!

I need to make -
* nappys - newborn & small sizes
* wraps - newborn & small sizes
* boosters
* Liners
* Wipes
* breastpads for me
* mummy cloth for me
* changing mat
* and would love to have a go at a mei tai

All this along side still making stock for the launch of my website lol!

I need a sewing machine I've not made anything although I'm currently knitting a scarf :rofl:

I keep meaning to make some longies but the best i can knit is a basic blanket and mittens lol.

yay button nose come join thte more the merrier :)

If anyone is near me i have the most amazing sewing machine if they want it, it is a vintage singer 201k and comes on it's own big unit etc.

yay button nose come join thte more the merrier :)

If anyone is near me i have the most amazing sewing machine if they want it, it is a vintage singer 201k and comes on it's own big unit etc.

Hey thats the same as i have - its brill - bulletproof! Have borrowed MILs electric machine cause it does zig zag stich and it is sooo complicated compared to my singer.

Oh i also have an onbag to make - just ordered some fabric which will hopefully do both mei tai and bag.

this is a great idea. i've just decided that i'm not spending any money on nappies etc in april cos paypal just told me how much i've spent in the last 6 months and it was riduculous! i have a HUGE box full of fleece that i keep buying, intending to make nappies, liners and tummy time mats with, and i've not done anything with any of it yet. and i have half a blanket knitted that i started when i was pregnant and never finished. :dohh: also i've cut out the pieces for some pjs for arif and never sewn them, as well as a padded mat thing for leyla's playpen. got to get cracking! i just need a table to sew on but arif said we're getting me a sewing table this weekend i think so that's me set then!

I should actually get some time to start making nappies in about another 4-6 weeks as we wont be having Freddie anymore (sad for us but happy for his family!) I need to get some cheapy fleece to practise with first though methinks....!
I was wondering if I could put cross stiched designed onto the back of nappies and I reckon I could....

can i join you girls? my lil one isn't here yet but I have alot of things I need to make ready for his/her arrival!

I need to make -
* nappys - newborn & small sizes
* wraps - newborn & small sizes
* boosters
* Liners
* Wipes
* breastpads for me
* mummy cloth for me
* changing mat
* and would love to have a go at a mei tai

All this along side still making stock for the launch of my website lol!

wow, I'm impressed!

Ladies if anyone wants a copy of a nappy pattern then give me a shout, i have one that i can draw around for you and send it out just cover postage :) me thinks this should be a sticky if i changed the title to diy mamas????? We could all inspire each other.

my not a mil as a machine that embroiders im tempted to ask if i can try her machine

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->