DIY Wedding Stationary

Lauren25

Reaction score
For some reason i have had some massive urge to do my own invites etc but i don't even know where to start!!

So any tips?
How are you or did you designing them?
Printing them?

How much did they cost you or are they going to cost you?

Just want to get an idea of what ill be doing before i commit to doing them :)

I'm doing my own. I'm doing a small box, like a thin matchbox, and putting 'short stories' inside, each with a different section of the invite. The whole thing will have an old story book theme going. If you want any help PM me, I adore stuff like this!

We're doing ours with the help of our friend, nothing as impressive as the above! Just a brightly coloured a5 card with a design on the front drawn by friend. Will probably put the same design on order of service etc.

I've made my own invites, bought all of the bits from hobbycraft, only had 15 to make so didn't cost much or take much time at all, they're really simple but we like them :) going to use the bird stamp on order of services n stuff aswel to tie the stationery together. make sure you've decided what you really want before you buy bits though - i wasted money buying stuff then changing my mind a few times :dohh:

Attachments

• wedding invite front.jpg
    wedding invite front.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 8
  • wedding invite back.jpg
    wedding invite back.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 4
Im doing ours. Just little booklet style ones using blank Kraft cards and going to get some nice parchment type paper to print on. You've already seen the design, so imagine that on four pages in book format. The front of the card just has an 'invited' stamp stamped onto it. In total, excluding printing costs (that'll go down as a business expense ;) ) I've spent £20.70, but the stamps cost £13 alone so could be cheaper if I didn't need the stamps :lol:
For designing I just used an old version of Photoshop we've got from my photography days, but there is loads of designing software you can use :thumbup: and as above says, make sure you know what you want before you start spending

Thanks everyone, I'm deffo going to have a play around and see before i decide to go for it!
Can anyone recommend me any design software or programmes to use?

bird stamp is here:
https://direct.hobbycraft.co.uk/products-Hero-Arts-Two-Birds-Woodblock-Stamp_340685.htm

I wish I did my own! I spent a fortune ordering the invitations. If you can find a great template I would definitely try to DIY.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->