Dizzy/black out spells?

D

Divinebeauty

I wanted to ask you girls....

Have any of you ever had dizzy spells?

I am going through something right now, for the last 2 weeks, I have been getting REALLY dizzy , I mean anytime I get out of bed, walk up the stairs, get out of my car... any difference in gravity and I get dizzy...

Its been getting worst and worst, yesterday I bought a new microwave and I was carrying it in the house as my husband wasnt home... and I had to set it on the ground and sit RIGHT down.. because I was too lightheaded to go anywhere.. .. I sat there for a bit.. and got back up.. put it inside.. and felt out of breath.... sooooo strange!!

Here is how the spells go...

I bend over/pick something up/go up stairs/ get out of bed...

My head starts to feel VERY light...
then my vision becomes blurred
then my ears start ringing
then I hear my heart beat inside of my head...
then I start breathing really heavily..
and my heart really races...

If I sit down I will come out of it fairly quickly..but the 'spells' are getting longer and worst...

Also- Lastnight.. so this has been 2 weeks since i had this... I passed a blood clot? so weird.. I was taking a pee while our friends were here and there was a blood clot?

I am not sure wtf that was from.. the symptoms I have almost seem like I have a kidney infection. I do have kidney problems... my whole life.. so I am known to get them quite often.. and with a kidney infection you CAN pass blood clots.. but.. I don't have the symptoms of a kidney infection...

No fever.. no pain.. no burn when peeing.. nothing???

SO dizzy/black out spells... with the passing of a blood clot? I am worried.. scared and nervous to be honest...

I thought maybe just Low blood pressure? It could be that but I cant find my bloop pressure machine, so I am going to stop at the drugstore today to take my blood pressure..and see if that's the issue.

Also I thought maybe low blood sugar.. i get like that if i don't eat a meal or something.. but seriously it doesn't change and I could be stuffed as a turkey... so I donno

My husband is really nervous.. he was almost crying last night when i like collapsed on the floor so i could catch my breath and bring myself back, he wanted me to go to the hospital, but I know this is not hospital related- and ill be fixed. this needs to be taken up by a dr and investigated- i can just tell so I have an appointment tomorrow

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this.. knows anyone who has been through this..or something... I am desperate..

I tend to have lower blood pressure and have had dizzy spells before...but only a doctor can tell you for sure. I've been having some weird health issues myself lately so I know how worrying it can be! Hope you're better soon. xx

I hope you feel better and find out what it is. It could be so many things so I don't want to speculate.

I had really bad dizzy spells while I was pregnant, blacked out a few times to the point of unconsciousness. These days I still get a tad dizzy here and there. Right now I believe it's still the hormones and I'm borderline anemic which are causing problems.

Don't go carrying heavy items when you're not feeling well!

I can't help with the blood clot. But for the dizziness I'm guessing ear problems like vertigo. The room used to spin and my ears would ring if I moved my head too quickly or got up too quickly. Try speaking to your GP just to put your mind at rest!!!xx Take Care xx

Also I thought maybe low blood sugar.. i get like that if i don't eat a meal or something.. but seriously it doesn't change and I could be stuffed as a turkey... so I donno

When i was pregnant i had low blood sugar, and i got dizzy and felt really hot, everything would sound funny, and felt like i was going to spew, first time it happened i was at work and tried to race to the toilet but had to stop cause i nearly passed out. The doctor told me to keep some sugary lollies with me while at work, that helped

I havent been feeling right since I had LO. I dont know if it is dizzy or lightheaded or something else, I cant quite explain it. I just know I dont feel right, and feel like at times I could faint if I dont sit down and I worry about being home alone with LO, especially at bath times because if I faint there is only me who has a door key. Im gonna have to go get some tests I think. Im already having my ears tested as I hear ringing all the time, but my dad has tinnitus so maybe its that. I had a hearing test and it was fine so no idea.
Hate feeling like this though. :(

I have a dr appointment at 9 am- I will update.

Thanks girls.

Bless you, I had severe dizziness from very low iron levels but this happened four weeks after having Louis. The room was spinning and I was vomiting everywhere from it, I was so scared. It could also be low blood pressure. Sorry I can't help re the blood clot, I used to get them sometimes when I had a heavy period and my migraine would disappear as soon as I passed the clot (sorry TMI). I hope your appt goes ok and you get some answers, look after yourself and don't go overdoing it missy! xxx

I've had dizzy spells and fainting spells a lot of my life. Initially it was my iron levels, I'm very susceptible to anemia. Now they think it might be neurological. Of course yours could be as simple as getting sick, having blood pressure issues, an iron level issue or B12 levels could be low.

Hope it gets figured out :hugs:

hey ladies, just got back... and I am being sent for blood work fro thyroid.. ill update how it goes, for anyone else in the same situation!!

Thanks again!!

He also did a blood pressure- it was low.. both sitting and standing but there was not much of a change so he said that can't be it.

He said my heart was beating faster when I stood up .. but not overly concerned..

then he felt my neck and said we are doing thyroid blood work ... hell have the results tommorow or the next day as he wrote. urgent.

I am so have someone with me at all times while in care of my children....incase I pass out I guess....

:hugs: Hopefully you will know something more definite soon then, hope you're feeling ok xx

Well real bad couple of days, things are just getting worst.

Dr called. Results came back abnormal..

Kidneys-
thyroid
vitamin B12
Vitamin D
Humglobin
Iron
Blood sugar (low)

Go in tommorow to find out what the next step is, He said it seems like there is an underlying condition and he wants to investigate.

Well real bad couple of days, things are just getting worst.

Dr called. Results came back abnormal..

Kidneys-
thyroid
vitamin B12
Vitamin D
Humglobin
Iron
Blood sugar (low)

Go in tommorow to find out what the next step is, He said it seems like there is an underlying condition and he wants to investigate.

:hugs: hope it's all sorted out soon and you start feeling better

aww i hope u get it sorted real quick never been 1 myself for dizzyness or fainting but when i was pregnant with my son i had low blood pressure and would get dizzy time to time but i was really under weight i was 6 stone which prop didnt help.

usuall for ur blood pressure to go low and stay low it can be uinderlying but the doc will get that all fixed

dont get up to quickly or move ur head to quickly and take as much rest as u can

Thinking of you :hugs: let us know how things go sweetie xx

Interesting they should mention thyroid as a lot of my family have it. My mum has underactive, so does my sister and my mums mum. My dads mum has overactive. My mum was diagnosed when she as carrying me. I was tested for it before at my old GP but they sucked so I think I will try again. I hope you get an answer soon.

Just read this; sounds really scary :( My sister had similar along with loads of hair loss and serious depression; they did loads of tests and the first lot came back with a lot of things abnormal but the retest said she just had a massive deficiency of B12; its normally stored in the liver but her levels were extremely low so she had to have five injections of it over 2 weeks xx

Summer rain- Thanks hun, yeah my b12 did come back abnormal so I am starting on b12. Vitamin D and,... 3 tabs of Iron daily.... that is where I am starting anyways. I hope that will at least cut the dizziness so I can deal with the rest.. but be partially back to myself.

I can honestly say the dizzy spells are like debilitating, I can't do anything!!! Everytime I stand up... I get a 'spell' .... Ive been taking my blood pressure, and it has been really low, with a rapid pulse. I have also been taking my blood sugar- and that has been going from high to rock bottom in 1/2 hr.. so thats not normal either...

It crazy to think only 2 weeks ago, I was feeling human/normal I was walking around like anybody else... I mean I don't know where this all came from. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->