Dizzy spells

LittleLala

Expecting #3!
Reaction score
I have been getting bad dizzy spells on and off all day. I am not dehydrated, and not low on sugar. Is this normal? What can I do to fix it? I am scared that I will fall over or faint and I really don't want to do either of those things :nope:

Can anyone reassure me or give me advice? Is anyone else experiencing this?

I always get dizzy in all my pregnancies. Especially in the first tri, although I can't say it's been too bad this time. I think a lot of it can be to do with hormones. But wouldn't be a bad idea to mention it to your gp just to check it's not your blood sugars. I always find sitting down and having a few sips of water the minute I feel dizzy helps, as simple as it sounds.

Thank you. I have been doing that and it does help a little :)

I had really bad dizziness from weeks 7-11. My midwife told me that it was probably due to low blood pressure and the fact that it takes your body a little while to produce the additional blood that it needs during pregnancy. Your BP drops during pregnancy and since mine was on the low side anyway, it made me extremely light headed.

Your placenta should start taking over soon so you should see an improvement x

I've had loads of dizziness, I read it's something to do with increased blood flow and heart rate our something like that. It's one of those "normal but worth mentioning to midwife" things I think

I've also been feeling dizzy, although more like a lightheaded feeling that the room spinning. I don't feel as bad as though I might faint but it's a horrible feeling! I've been eating plenty of protein/carb snacks and drinking lots but it doesn't help. Mine comes on about 11.30 in the morning and continues pretty much the rest of the day.

I've heard that dizziness is a type of morning sickness. I'm 5w3d - is it too early for that?

I have had many dizzy spells and even almost walked into a wall at work from it! Mine is low blood sugar, low BP, and I have an inner ear issue. Fun!

I do too, no fun! As someone said earlier your BP drops and you have an increased blood volume. Very normal :)

I've noticed that if I force myself to drink even more water it helps a little bit.

Thanks for all of the reassurance girlies. I wish it would just go away!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->