?DLA

well, it was the school that brought it to my attention. I just thought my child was different! lol. So the school have been really good :)

https://www.ipsea.org.uk/

This is a good website xx

My son is mainstream due to him being high functioning etc, he has just done his SATS and coped really well, he is expected to get above average on all of them :D he struggles sometimes socially but he is fine in mainstream atm and he had a 1-1 helper 20 hours a week at the moment.

my son is statemented so hopefull that speeds things up :)

:thumbup: Did you get much support from the school when applying, if you dont mind me asking? Our head told me not to even bother trying :growlmad: xx

They are told not to advise people for statements thats why she said that, its all about money. Do it anyway, we did x xxx

Thanks for that. He is on an IEP (school didnt even bother to tell me, only found out months after he had been placed on it :shock:) and they do take him out of class to work in small groups for 15-10 minutes at a time a few times a day, and he has really come on with that which to me shows that in smaller groups, 1-1, he works better. He just doesnt have the concentration or attention to sit there with 30 kids, its too much going on around for him. xx

my son is high functioning and he goes out of class for some 1-1 as well. He is so artistic and smart! But he doesnt concentrate and doesnt feel the need to show how clever he is. Its heart breaking and frustrating!!

So I got a letter to say that they have got the form and will look at it and write again within 10 weeks!

Thanks guys ill let you know the out come

Totally different but we claim DLA for my daughter. We get higher rate care and higher rate mobility. She takes a hell of a lot og looking after though - we are up every 2 hours over night turning her over, medication,she uses a wheelchair etc etc.

I would claim it and see where it gets you, They can only say no!

thanks!

I sent every scrap of paperwork I had with the form. And ticked the contact any one you like box

Fingers crossed it speeds things along a little :)

Ours was really quick this time - five weeks. But it was a renewal, she has gotten higher rate care since she was 3 months old and that took 16 weeks.

My son has Apergers and is statmented. He gets low rate mobility and middle rate care for DLA. i also get carer's for him

Hi there!!

Got a letter today from the DLA and my son was granted higher rate care and lower mobility.

Thanks so much for your help!!
Im glad its over now! But do I need to call and tell tax credits?

The tax credits did it for me a month later I think I had a letter saying I now got a higher amount of tax credits xxx I would leave it a week and then call them just to check but yeah sometimes they do it automatically :) xx

I think they do it automatically too, I just phoned then. Tax credits increase considerably.

'Good news' seems the wrong thing to say, but you know what i mean, glad you got it! My Tax credits was updated automatically, however, I'd still phone up to confirm it, this is the Inland Revenue after all :winkwink: xxx

My tax credits was not updated automatically and I did not know about it until a friend told me. It had been 9 months since he was awarded the DLA and could only be backdated 12 weeks, which was good as some don't even get it backdated. So I agree ring a make sure. My tax credits went up double. x

aww thanks guys!

I know what you mean, good news isn't the way to describe it, but this award is helping the whole thing sink in if you know what I mean. Its helping me come to terms with it, almost like his condition has been validated......dont know if that makes sense! But thanks so much ladies for helping me thru the process!

aww thanks guys!

I know what you mean, good news isn't the way to describe it, but this award is helping the whole thing sink in if you know what I mean. Its helping me come to terms with it, almost like his condition has been validated......dont know if that makes sense! But thanks so much ladies for helping me thru the process!

Very much makes sense hun, I had the same mixed feelings. Obviously wish there wasnt a reason to be claiming DLA in first place, but the money benefits him so much, and in a way 'proves' his disability, if that makes sense xx

yea, your right because you love your children no matter what, and you don't seem them as different or anything but perfect! so for me getting the award has helped me start to come to peace with his diagnosis!!
The money will help him so much! he is a talented artist and we are going to be able to afford art lessons for him! We have to take the bus ever where as I don't drive, and that get so expensive not to mention the cost of the lessons! but I cant let his talents go to waste!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->