Do all babies get some degree of flat head?

roomaloo

TTC no. 2
Reaction score
Just wondering really. And worn away hair patches. Both mine got a bald spot and Imogen favours her left side when napping/sleeping regardless of how I lay her so her heads going a bit wonky donkey!

Was chatting to my mum and she said it didn't really happen as babies slept on their front.

I'm trying to hold her upright more (hard with a toddler to entertain!). Anyone got any tips or is it just par for the course. Maybe it depends on head shape/thickness. Who knows. Lol

No not all babies get flat spots . Niether of my boys have them .

You have to turn their head to even it out .

Lots of tummy time and Babywearing can hèlp because it takes the pressure off their heads

My LO doesn't! Although he's a rubbish napper and always has been so I baby wore a lot when he was younger and now he always sleeps on his tummy.

Yeah my first was held a lot so hers was very slight at the back

I can't wear unfortunately as I have a bad back from work, even using an ergo or sling. But I do alternate her head, she's just a restless sleeper and always ends on her left. Grrrr

Tummy time is 5 mins before screaming commences. Roll on when she can sit in the jumperoo!!

Oh and I didn't really ever do tummy time either. I'm not entirely sure I buy the idea of tummy time counteracting a flat head...

Phoebe has never had a flat head, but she does have a massive bald patch bless her x

hmm none of mine have ever had flat head or bald patches. It's quite common for babies to have them though.

Small bald patch but no flat head. She sleeps 14hrs on her back & plays lying down too, some babies just don't get them.

No I don't think they do. My baby doesn't have one and none of my friends have babies with flat spots. I only ever read about it on here.

Mind you, my baby was a terrible sleeper and refused to be put down for the first 3 months of his life which might explain why he never had one :haha:

My daughter didn't get a flat head and always slept on her back. She was born via C-section and had a perfectly rounded head when she was born so not sure if that makes a difference.

She did get the little bald patch at the back of her head, though. I found it rather sweet.

Another Imogen mummy here :flower: mine never got the flat head but she got a huge bald patch which ended up as an all over bald head bar a few areas lol. We use to find clumps where she'd rub her head all over the mattress in her sleep :dohh:

None of mine have but they dont spend all that much time on their backs as i hold/wear them mostly when they are new

My son didn't but then he was either held or in the sling lots.

My son has a really bad flat head, its quite upsetting. Iv been to the doctors but tjey say its cosmetic so they wont do anything. Its gotten to the stage where hes sitting up the entire day to try and make it a bit better but its not getting better at all. I feel like it wont fix :(

My son never had a flat spot or bald spots but that's probably because i was always holding him, he never slept!

Scarlett has a bald patch but a perfectly round little head. I wear her a lot and she's always wanted to be upright when awake rather than lying down so maybe that's helped?

My 7 month old has a small patch of flat head right at the back of his. But i dont know how hw never sleeps on his back hes always on his tummy the only time his head is againt anything is in the car seat max an hour a week nd in his highchair for food other than that hes in my arms so therea nothing i could do to prevent it :-$

my first had bad flat head and a bald spot, my second doesn't have flat head but does have a bald spot lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->