Do all mothers at some stage feel heartbroken for their child when they start school

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
I was having this conversation with a friend, i was saying how there are times in many mothers lives where you feel sad for your chldren once they have started school. This could be due to...them not having many friends, not finding a partner for PE, them feeling left out etc. She told me it was only a minority of parents...is this true? I thought it was something that a majority of children/parents experience at one stage of their life?...am i wrong? Not that it should be the case however it is isn't it?...or is it not?

x

I think it would be abnormal not to feel sad for them at some stage, if there is reason to. Like them being sad about something for the reasons you've said. I've been sad for my LO quite a few times since school started, I just want to keep him safe all the time!

I would definitely say its a majority

It's only happened a couple of times but Hollie has got upset when someone isn't her best friend anymore, or one of her friends stays dinners instead of sandwiches so she hasn't sat by them at lunchtime. It breaks my heart to think she's sad at school, even though I know most the time she's happy

I think it would be abnormal for a mother not to feel sad for the child if this happens.

Xx

Well reading this and thinking of my LO going already has me emotional so I think majority of parents will go through this repeatedly...even after schooling is done, with jobs and relationships, ect.

its awful isn't it...when my friend said it was the minority i thought it couldn't be...you just want to protect them as much as you can xx

Definitely not the minority. When I think about how I thought my life was over because someone broke up with me, or how I wasn't invited to a big party or something and I think of my daughter, I am sad for her but grateful too. I will be able to handle all these things with her. I look to the future too. How I am now happily married, on our own, a crazy cat, a lazy dog and a beautiful daughter and think how at the moment her life will have uncertain times and I will want to keep her from harm, but everything I've gone through and done has lead me to her and my OH. So while its scary, I think being the best mommy you can be is the best defense from sadness and hurt. *also* lol if my Mom noticed I was having a particularly hard week when I was in grade school she would pull me out early on a Friday for a movie and a yogurt, just us. No sisters, just me and mom. And she always got it out of me what was going on and as reluctant as I was, I would tell her and wow her advice worked! Lol..now if I had only heeded her advice as a teenager...haha, but again. Every path put me where I am now :)

I have never felt that way for Leah and she is in her last year at primary school now aged 11

Jack however I have often felt completely heartbroken for, his autism means he doesn't just fit in the way other kids do

What great names! My neice and nephew are Jack and Leah!

When they start going to school, mother's heart will be almost broken......this feeling is quite common among all parents.....!!:baby:

i think its the majority without a doubt x

Well im glad im not alone...i find myself getting really upset about...to the point it has made me cry a few times...xx

Yes very much so, my daughter (who is a bit of a drama queen) will come home and tell me things like so and so called me stupid I feel like crying as I really don't know what to do for her except tell her to ignore them x

Oh gosh yes several times iv had a few tears because of thing my daughter has told me happening at school. Her first week one of the big kids told her she can't play with her little sister and shut the door, dd was stuck out in the play ground as the button is too
High and she was 'missing' from class for 20mins.

Oh gosh yes several times iv had a few tears because of thing my daughter has told me happening at school. Her first week one of the big kids told her she can't play with her little sister and shut the door, dd was stuck out in the play ground as the button is too
High and she was 'missing' from class for 20mins.

Oh no poor little love, hope she was ok! Bless you, that must have even awful for you x x

I'm more terrified because I can't watch him. All the shootings and stuff, just terrified the whole time he's gone

I have felt sad for Holly on a few occasions now. She has lots of friends and seems happy enough but what seems like the tiniest thing to us is a big deal for them- when Holly started school she was adamant that she wanted hot lunches so she did, then after a few weeks she was looking a bit sad and when I asked her what was wrong she said that the line for packed lunches gets to go into the hall first- such a small thing to us but there was only a few of them in the class having hot food and I can just imagine her standing there looking all sad having to go in last :( She has packed lunch now and is happier :) I just think that going to school and not having Mummy or Daddy there to hold your hand through everything is a big deal- especially at such a young age.
I completely get where you're coming from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->