Do all mothers at some stage feel heartbroken for their child when they start school

I have felt sad for Holly on a few occasions now. She has lots of friends and seems happy enough but what seems like the tiniest thing to us is a big deal for them- when Holly started school she was adamant that she wanted hot lunches so she did, then after a few weeks she was looking a bit sad and when I asked her what was wrong she said that the line for packed lunches gets to go into the hall first- such a small thing to us but there was only a few of them in the class having hot food and I can just imagine her standing there looking all sad having to go in last :( She has packed lunch now and is happier :) I just think that going to school and not having Mummy or Daddy there to hold your hand through everything is a big deal- especially at such a young age.
I completely get where you're coming from.

:( aw yeh its always the little things that pull on the heartstrings, I really over think it sometimes though and get to upset I have to pull myself together! x:hugs:

I'm a bit sad over my boy at the moment. He says noone wants to play with him :( I've kind of seen it in the playground before school too. He always gets left out a little.

:-( aw mine have said things like that before. Its quite sad. Could you have a word and see if they will buddy him up?

I've mentioned it to them before. I think part of the problem is that he tends to idolize the older, more mature boys in his class (he's a proper naive baby sometimes :( ) so even if they tried to get him to play with a child who was more similar, he probably wouldn't. Might try to invite someone home to play I think (the issue there is that they all live in massive houses and I'd feel embarrassed if the parents saw the house for any reason!)

Don't be worried about what your house looks like hun! I'm sure no-one would judge :)

I's so sad seeing your child have a hard time at school, Holly's said before that no-one wanted to play with her and my heart felt like it was breaking! :(

I felt sad for mine at different times. my eldest was bullied so that's pretty much a given for feeling sad for them. also I felt sad when he missed about not being allowed to suit near his friend, I thought it was cos they messed around and he insisted it wasn't. turns out our was because he was on the top table with all girls and his friend was on a lower level table. can't really argue with that but felt bad for him still lol
my middle son I felt bad cos his birthday is October and by the time they started doing full days and could have the free milk we found out they had cocked up his free milk so he didn't get it and by the time it was sorted out he had had his birthday and was too old.

I for sure worry or feel bad for my SD when she goes through anything rough at school- she's a sophomore now and high school can be harsh. Girls can be harsh. Even though she is a strong kid and very capable of standing up for heself... but that is what being a parent IS! lol. We worry about our kids all the time... like if they are sleeping enough, or eating enough, or healthy enough etc... so school is just an extra layer. My SD is going to be able to drive alone in about 6mos! And I worry about that already.

I'm kinda hoping your friend doesn't have kids and that is why she can't understand or that or she is just VERY layed back and def not in the "norm" ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->