Do any of you have a way planned to break the news to hubby??

armywife0212

Reaction score
Soo, I don't want to tell anyone my plan for how I'm going to tell the hubby b/c I don't want to spoil it...So I'm venting to you all!!!! Hopefully if I get my BFP on Sunday, I am going to spend the day cooking/baking. I want to do it Full House style. Baby back ribs, baby carrots, baby peas, etc...and then I want to make pink and blue iced cupcakes!!! My husband is in Ohio right now visiting some friends and he's coming home on Sunday night. My mom is in Italy and coming home Sunday night as well. And, if I am preg. then my estimated due date is Feb 18th, which is the day I lose my grandma last year. It would mean THE WORLD to me if this was it!! I can feel it!! I just have "that feeling."

What are your plans?? Any ideas on how to break it to the grandparents?! :happydance:

I'm hoping that I'm pregnant this cycle so that I can tell hubby on Father's Day! This will be our first baby so I'm hoping to get a BFP next week so that I can present him with a card and expectant father book. :)

Amazing!!! I wanted to do the same thing, but there is no way I can wait a week to tell him!! I'm going to tell my dad and grandpa's on Father's Day!!! GL and get that BFP!

i would maybe not go so big but i have lost babies so i get worried about temping fate. but your idea sounds lovely, maybe write him a card or letter or something with the pregnancy test in it?

Aww, I'm sorry. Yes, I plan on wrapping my HPT up in a jewelry box and give it to him at dinner. Because I cook for him all the time so I don't think he will think anything of it.

ah right well thats good then sorry when i get :bfp: i just wait and wait for either something to happen or 12weeks to come along yet to hit 12weeks to have a celebration, i really hope you get :bfp: on sunday and it all works out well best of luck

I would love to think up some awesome, elaborate way to tell him. I would LOVE to tell him at our couple's getaway this weekend but I'm sure af will show up and ruin it all. Honestly though, I will probably just be squeaking, squealing and screaming a lot as I shove a two-lined stick in his face.:haha:

I have a better plan for my parents though. It's so funny, my parents are just waiting for me to announce that I'm pregnant (they don't know we are TTC). I recently got my first tattoo and went to show them. I called both into the living room and the look on my mom's face was hilarious when I plunked my leg on the coffee table an yanked up my pant leg. She said " I thought you were going to say you were pregnant!" with the most disappointed look I've ever seen. I told her flat out that I have a much more elaborate plan in mind than that...muwahaha

iv always wanted to put it in a jewellery box as mentioned above and give him it on fathers day with a card too :)

Thats a sweet idea! Im hoping to find out im pregnant on fathers day also, me and OH are away that weekend so would be perfect to find out then! We have agreed to keep it quiet untill first scan though so wont be telling anyone else for a while!

My hubby is a bit of a comic geek and it's his birthday this month so I've been praying that this will be our month as I have it all planned!

I saw a babygro online that had the slogan 'my daddy has a bigger comic collection than your daddy'. If I get my BFP this weekend I'm gonna order it, wrap it up with his normal birthday presents and give it to him for his birthday!

Saying that, his birthday isn't until the 22nd so whether I can keep it quiet for that long remains to be seen :)

Just want to share what I did.....

With our first pregancy - bought a Nuk baby bottle and put the pos hpt inside. I was working late evening shift and normally buy something yummy and bring some home for hubby. when I got home I told him there's something in my bag for him....full of smiles he rushed for my bag...only to find a baby bottle and only then he saw the pos hpt inside!!

second time - did a hpt at 5am before work and hubby was still sleeping...left the hpt next to his coffee on the bedside table.

Now I need to think of some new ideas........

Well I had alot of cool things I was thinking about doing my favorite was changing my name in his cell phone to I'm Pregnant then call him from work. BUT... my father in law is very ill so my husband is going up this weekend to spend a couple days with him now I dont know what to do. Bad part is i'm going to be so excited and he is dealing with his really sick father. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->