do any other girls

xxJennaBearxx

W(until marriage)TT
Reaction score
struggle with their self esteem about their bodies? im not even fat but i just feel like things are wrong with me, my hips are to big, my stomach is to squishy. my OH loves the way i look and tells me all the time how gorgeous i am. but i still struggle, just wondering if there are others out there or im alone :blush:

I think most girls will feel like that from time to time, no matter what they look like. But if you feel that way ALL the time then maybe it's time to do yourself some good and try to change that. Find clothes that hide your "flaws" for example or even better stand in front of a mirror regularly and tell yourself all the things that you DO like about yourself. I bet your hips aren't really that big and your tummy isn't really that squishy. But it's up to yourself to make you believe that!

:) I feel unhappy with my body all the time.

Sometimes I'm proud of it, I carried a baby with no problems, and yeah my stretch marks and scar (c-section) are not just because I have an ugly stomach, they're because I have a beautiful daughter.. but damn it is so easy to hate it when I want to look "sexy" iywkim- either to go out or to put on lingerie for my OH, my hips have widened after havign a baby, my butt is bigger, I have stretch marks down my legs, etc.

I guess you have to accept that NO ONE is perfect, even very beautiful women have physical flaws?

i get like this. there are certain parts of me that i just dont like. Im sure we would all love to be a little thinner or a little bit more toned etc etc. I used to really struggle with my body - i dropped down to below a UK6 without realising - it looked horrible as i am 5ft8 and now im a healthy 8 my oh tells me how it was horrible when i was so skinny. Im pretty happy with myself now - dont get me wrong i have my days where i want this and that done but nobodys perfect and as long as my OH thinks im gorgeous thats all that matters to me. xxx

yep...hate my body so much...OH loves it, says im perfect and w.e

I dont know anyone who is fully happy with themself though hun, xxx

I'm probably gonna sound quite cocky now :blush: but I can honestly say the last time I worried about my body was when I was like 14 lol. I think I got some pretty good bits and pieces, no one has the perfect body so you might as well love the one you got! Confidence is everything.
In the end your body's different to everyone elses, and every bloke has a different prefered body type, so you're bound to find some people who don't like it and some people who do!

I'm such a simpleton, it's probably that I simply can't be bothered to care! :dohh:

Hope you're feeling better soon :hugs: xx

I'm probably gonna sound quite cocky now :blush: but I can honestly say the last time I worried about my body was when I was like 14 lol. I think I got some pretty good bits and pieces, no one has the perfect body so you might as well love the one you got! Confidence is everything.
In the end your body's different to everyone elses, and every bloke has a different prefered body type, so you're bound to find some people who don't like it and some people who do!

I'm such a simpleton, it's probably that I simply can't be bothered to care! :dohh:

Hope you're feeling better soon :hugs: xx

thats because your bloody gorgeous fuffy :flower:

Yeah I think everyone does! :|
I've got acne & have since I was 14 & people even comment on it (real helpful :growlmad:), I don't like my legs & I think my hips are too wide as well. But to be honest when my OH tells me I'm beautiful I just smile & I'm satisfied cos at least he thinks I look good :) if I know other people think I look good then I have a bit more confidence.
Listen to your OH, I bet you're gorgeous! x

I get this at least 3 weeks out of 4 tbh. I'm always wishing I look like someone else and it hurts. No matter how many times DF says I'm beautiful... it doesn't take away what I see in the mirror... I think we all get it at some point in our lives x

I have really bad issues with self esteem and body image.

I went thro a stage where I couldn't even take a shower because my body repulsed me that much I couldn't bear to even touch my own skin.

Things aren't as bad now but it's very rare for me to even have one day where I don't think something negative about the way I look.

OH tells me I'm sexy and beautiful, I just wish I could believe him.

well good then im not alone. :hugs: to everyone. i think it must just be a girl thing to worry about ourselves sometimes. some days i want different things to change about me, other days i love the way i look (not trying to sound cocky). i should be more thankful as really im not fat in the least but its still a struggle sometimes.

I absolutely HATE my body. I can't look in the mirror without crying and there is not one thing I wouldn't change. Not one part of me is nice.

I wish I could like myself but I can't. I feel like this butterfly stuck in a huge, fat, gangly, spotty, disgusting box and I'm trapped in :(

I have my moments. Sometimes I wake up in the morning and look at myself.. and notice.

Wow my hair is going to be so flat today,
hey look another spot (and I thought I had that fixed),
I need to get my eyebrows waxed,
where's my chapstick, my lips look flaky...

Then I look at the whole picture...
Wow my chest is flat, I wish it was a little bigger,
my skin is so pale...
I have bruises all over my legs from work and I think they are hideous. I couldn't imagine wearing a dress or a skirt right now. Thank God it's winter.

Then it finally comes down to my weight. I always think I am SOOOOO skinny.

But on my good days or in the right clothes, I feel more beautiful than ever. I have subtle curves that fit my body perfectly. I've had people say that they are jealous of me... which secretly I love, but I tell them is ridiculous. it IS ridiculous. You should just love who you are.

But then again, you will always be the most critical to yourself.

But then again, you will always be the most critical to yourself.

Quite right nadupoi!

And thankyou lovehearts but I'm no prettier than anyone else. I'm not a dog, but I wouldn't say I'm anything that special. I happen to think you are VERY pretty!

And you, Elly! *Perv voice* If I was 5 years younger! :winkwink: and a man... :rofl:

I think because I was like it when I was younger (my hair's flat, my boobs are too small, I''ve got spots, my best friend's prettier, etc. etc. lol) I just grew tired of it and decided to listen to compliments and say "thankyou" instead of saying "nooooooooo you're being ridiculous, I'm ugly!", which actually helps lol. Also I realised that the people I thought were prettier/funnier/nicer/luckier than me were probably thinking it about someone else, which made me think how ridiculous it is to want to be in someone else's position.

And Gok Wan ALWAYS helps :D xx

My self esteem and body image are poor too. I tend to deal with problems by overeating and I am overweight at the moment.

Sometimes I have those days where I think my hair looks pretty or my outfit is flattering or whatever, but overall I don't currently feel good about my body.

I do wish I had mroe confidence as I generally think that is what comes across as sexy or attractive in a person as opposed to their shape or dress size (though if they dress to suit their body it helps too).

At the moment, I'm kind of dreading my 36FFs getting even bigger if/when I get pregnant!!

Kx

small boobs + big hips = pear shaped! and i hate it! :( xxxx

i feel the same way, i know im not fat, not even overweight. but i cant help feeling that could use some more defined abs or smaller hips...

small boobs + big hips = pear shaped! and i hate it! :( xxxx

Same as me.. I can't afford to put on any weight because any that I do, I put on around my hips/bums/thighs and it makes the proportion ten times worse!!

ive been pretty self conscious lately because ive had major acne, (hormones)...i will never complain about a pimple or two or three later on!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->