Do black and blue go together?

shellideaks

Mummy to 4
Reaction score
I've got a birthday meal out next week and was thinking of wearing a dress I bought a few weeks ago. It's navy blue and when I was talking to one of the girls in work today, she said black and blue look fine together. I was always under the impression they didn't go? I mean it'd be great if they do cos then I don't have to buy any more new things!

This is the dress. Excuse the belt, it's a little tight and I need to buy another :haha: Oh and does the dress look okay on?

https://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp139/shellideaks/2013_09_18_20_11_54_zps8da0d9ab.jpg

https://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp139/shellideaks/2013_09_18_20_12_43_zps357db27e.jpg

Looks fine to me! If you were wearing a black skirt and a dark blue shirt it might clash, but there's a texture difference here so they aren't too similar.

Cool, thanks ladies. Just need to get a new belt and I'm all sorted then :D

Blue and black came into fashion in the 80s, and I still think it looks good now. I don't think they clash.
But then again clashing colours is fashionable

That's a lovely dress. And I've always loved black and blue together. :flower:

I like black and blue together. The dress looks lovely.

Thank you :) Was my bargain buy of the month lol. Got it half price in the sale and then complained because it was meant to come with a belt but didn't. Ended up getting a full refund :haha:

Looks fab! I think any colour goes with black :)

Very pretty. I think the only time I wouldn't wear black and blue together is when the blue is so dark that you might mistake it for black if you couldn't compare it to true black. If they're too close, it can look like you thought they matched in a dim bedroom then got outside and realised they didn't... that happened to my idiot ex who wore black trousers and a navy suit jacket to a funeral and he felt self conscious all day :rofl:

I like it! Some black and blues don't go together but your outfit is lovely.

Okay another question about this outfit lol. What colour lipstick would you wear? I have reddish hair and will wear silvery blue eye shadow but not sure on lip colour :shrug:

I would do a light neutral coral with not a whole lot of shine. A little pop of color, but not overpowering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->