Do cats detect very early pregnancy amd other unusual indicators?

Spudtastic

Reaction score
I'm just wondering if anyone has had any strange pregnancy symptoms or indicators..not because I'm symptom spotting (ok I am) but also because I'm interested. With my first successful pregnancy I noticed that cats wanted to lay on my lap. Our cat normally sleeps at the end of the bed but when I'm pregnant he tries to sleep on my tummy. When staying at a friends house their cat did the same which my friend thought was strange because his cat never sleeps on a guests bed.

Recently I had a mc at 8 weeks. But what prompted me to take a test and get a bfp was that the cat started trying to lay on my lap again. Now I find that I'm trying to encourage him...though I don't think it works like that lol.

I'd love to hear from anyone else about cats or other eierd indicators:)

Whenever I was pregnant my moms cat would always run to me and be on me like glue the entire time. Which is really strange since her cats normally a witch. Lol

When we first started TTC I started a thread asking this very thing because my cat was being super friendly and wanted to sleep on my stomach any chance she could. 10 months later and no BFP, but the cat still wants to sleep on me.

I think it's because she senses me being stressed or upset. I don't think a cat being more friendly than usual is because they sense pregnancy.

But I'm sure it's happened to some women somewhere.

I've been experiencing the same symptoms as my first but my period's not due for another 10 days. Need to find myself a cat now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->