Do dopplers send you loopy?

N

Neecee

I really want to get one, but I just know that I'll go crazy with it, especially if I can't find the heartbeat for any reason!!! I can just see myself panicking, crying and heading to the hospital when all that was wrong was the batteries died!:dohh:

Anyone been driven loopy with theirs?

I didn't buy a doppler but one of those baby sound monitors....what a waste of time and money. In two pregnancies we never, ever heared a heartbeat other than mine and spent nearly every night trying. All we ever heared was the gurgling of my belly:rofl:

A doppler may be better but unless they're up to the standard of a medical one they could be a disappointment or worry you to death if you can't find heartbeat:hug:

My Doppler is great baught of ebay for £40 used through last pregnancy and now just started hearing (Tonight) with this pregnancy .
I read the instructions wich say dont be worried if you cannot find the heartbeat theres many reasons why .
And believe it or not i dont worry , I know some people do and iam a big worrier naturally , But i dont with the doppler . If i dont find the heartbeat i put down think to myself arghhhh you stubborn jelly bean lol . And try again the next night :) .
I have allways thought it was my best buy ever !.
Allthow with my first pregnancy i used a Monitor not a doppler one of thoose summer ones i think its like the angel sounds one , And never heard anything untill 32 weeks wich i was dissapointed with :( . So as for great dopplers iam a big thumbs up . x .

Yep....mine was an Angelsounds thing:hissy:

During my pregnancy with Abi even the midwife couldn't find the heartbeat and I was in tears, convinced baby was dead but it turned out that my placenta was anterior (on the front) so that's why the midwife couldn't pick it up with doppler....phew

I love my Angelsounds doppler - it was only £15 second hand (but in perfect condition) off ebay, I've got it linked up to some plug in speakers and it sounds better than the one they have at the drs (which I heard for the first time today).

I haven't not been able to find the heartbeat yet. Think I probably would panic if I didn't find it.

Did think I'd become obsessed with the doppler before I got it but I just listed to LO once a day before I go to bed and it's lovely. I'm definately finding it very reassuring til I can feel LO moving around x

We bought a Hi-Bebe off ebay and I am addcited to it. Hubby and I listen morning noon and night. It makes us feel extremely connected to our LO. Although the Hi-Bebe is a bit more expensive, it was worth every single penny. I find the heartbeat just about every time right away and if I can't, I give it a few minutes, drink some juice , go potty and try again. I think they are fabulous and I highy recommend getting one!!!!

I have an angelsounds and found the heartbeat quite easily by 13 weeks. It takes me 2 mins to find it now, and if I don't right away I don't panic b/c I know the baby is still tiny and could just be lying in an awkward position.

Aww thanks ladies!!!!:hugs:

I think I'll do some research and have a look on ebay too!

I had the angelsounds one, but I sold mine on at about 28 weeks as I didn't use it lol.

I got a Hi bebe one the and it is stressing me no end, I thought I had found the beat and was happy, then I listened to a clip of what it SHOULD ACTUALLY sound like and it wasn't it, then realised the sound I found was all over my pelvic bone so unless I have quints in there or a very long baby it definitely wasn't the HB and I don't know what the hell it was as wasn't mine as I listened to mine first to check i knew what i wasn't looking for :/

Still haven't found the beat and I'm worried so it's added more stress. Now I want a scan to check all is OK. I know I know not everyone finds it but still im stressing. Once I know where the scanner scans it may be a little easier to play with it. Maybe my belly is too fat to find it lol dunno.

I have an angelsounds one and i love it!! Saying that i dont go mad with it and use it everyday, probably once a week!! They only drive you loopy if you let them!!

the first day i had mine, i panicked as i couldnt pick up a thing.... turned out the batteries were dying, so i took the batteries from something else *cough cough* and that didnt help either... again, not very much life left in them, so i changed the batteries for my wii remote batteries, and it was amazing, i could hear every little gurgle, and thud. Then after 5 mins i found the hb... and my own several times too. I now find it quite easily everytime, as I know roughly where it will be... although the little sod does move.. considering my last scan was at 9 weeks, i need this thing to help me get by til my 20 week scan, as its my only connection to my little one.

ps- i have a small layer of fat to get through so have to probe slightly deeper than normal sized people probably would, if you have a pouch too, probe a little deeper :)
xxxxxxx

I borrowed a hi-bebe from a friend at 14 weeks after I had a huge bleed and my pregnancy became troublesome and I found the heartbeat straight away:happydance: I thought that it would have drove me mad but it really reassured me:happydance: I used it weekly or when I was feeling anxious and I have to say I didnt use it hardly at all after 25-26 weeks as I felt the baby move so much :)

I bought a HI Bebe doppler when I was about 12 weeks pregnant. Tried a few times for a week or two to find the heartbeat and once I did, I never used it again. More than likely it was because baby started moving a little over 15 weeks, has been very active, and I always know that he's ok.

Don't know why I bought it in the first place.

i didn't even know they existed!
i'm gonna make my OH get me one! lol.

I just got mine on tuesday and i think the key is to be calm and patient and you will find it. If you go to use it and think that as soon as you set it on your belly you will hear something i think you will panic. Ease into it and search, you will know when you find it.

I love mine and think it was the best thing I could have bought for reassurance between appointment with my doctor, especially if you do not have a doctor that you see regualrily.

Also, I do not recommend using it on a day where you are in a severely bad mood....yesterday was a really bad day for me and when i went to find the HB i only heard it once for a really short period of time and ended up just getitng more frustrated and i think i strained something :rofl:

Good luck! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->