Do I expect too much?

xxxemmaxxx

Reaction score
My LO has never really shown much interest in food, sometimes I wonder if we just skipped lunch for example whether he'd be even bothered.
Not only is he really fussy (I can only think of one food item that I know he will eat a lot of which is grapes) but when he does eat it's a couple of mouthfuls and he's done!
It just seems weird to me as I watch his little friends stuffing it in.

I try and give a varied diet but I'm yet to find things that I know he will eat/enjoy/scoff down!

Breakfast this morning was pancakes.. he didn't even eat half of one so resorted to a pouch of yogurt which he did eat.
Lunch today so far I thought I'd try some egg sandwich filler in sandwich fingers and he's ate one finger if that!

Have I just got a toddler whos just not a foodie?

My LO is exactly the same, he is just over 13 month old. If it's finger foods that he can feed himself like a sandwich, he will eat the whole thing but if I try and feed him a 'meal' eg shepherds pie or a vegetable curry, he'll only eat 3 mouthfuls and want down from the high chair! It can be very frustrating but baby's don't starve themselves so just keep offering him things throughout that day and that's all you can really do.

Know your not alone though!

My friends lo is the same as he only ate half a jar at the most at mealtimes. He is much better now as he approaches his 2nd birthday but still eats far less than my son who is a food monster!:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->