Do I have an eating disorder?

guirelours

Reaction score
All my friends think that theres somthing wrong with me.
I weigh 8 stone and im a size 6 but i keep on wanting to lose weight.I try to eat 500 calories or less a day to keep the weight off,and I try and do 100 reverse crunshes 50 situps and 50 crunches a day.
I basicly have a fear of losing weight and i feel like i have to lose weight because i cant see myself as being thin.I always feel as if people are starring at my seriously untoned stumoch,and that i look big in what im wearing.I dont think I have an eating disorder,I just dont want to be fat anymore.

Yes you do have an eating disorder, the average woman needs 2000 calories a day. I understand that you feel untoned but you're young and at your age you will just feel bad about something and weight is a common thing to fixate on I know I've been there.

You are still growing and your body needs certain nutrients, so if you don't want health problems when you get older then you need to start eating properly. At the moment you are probably heading for brittle bones and a heart attack.

There is nothing wrong with being fit but you need to cut yourself some slack and eat healthily oh and take a multivitamin everyday.

Good luck

Yes from what you've described i'd say you do have a problem with food and body image. Your starting down a bad road here and all i can say is STOP HERE! what lies ahead is so unbelievably horrible and i wouldnt wish it on anyone.Eating disorders are basically slow suicide.Go to your gp and ask for help please, early intervention is key for recovery and the longer you leave it before seeking help the harder it will be! If you set yourself a meal plan, where you increase you calorie intake by 50-100 a week it will help and also join a club or do an activity thats for fun and not for weightloss.With such a low intake your starving your brain of essential nutrients needed just to function and it literally changes your personality and takes over.Please speak to a friend,family member or gp, good luck :hugs:

Nobody here can diagnose you with an eating disorder (which is classified as mental illness, only a doctor can do that), but those are some pretty strong indicators of something being very wrong.

500 calories per day is about 1000 less than your BMR (which is what your body needs to function properly, such as your organs), so eating 500 calories per day will cause severe muscle loss, place stress on your heart and other organs.

Do you know that women with eating disorders can get heart attacks and die from starving themselves? You will place so much stress on your heart that you can have a heart attack - about 10% of anorexic women die from that (usually under age 30!). So you are a mum - think about what will happen?

Go speak to your doctor about this, it sounds like you need some strong education on health and fitness and possible some form of therapy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->