do I have gd or is it just general preg symptoms

bundle4me

Reaction score
Hi all, would really love some advice, I'm 10 weeks with my 3rd baby, my second baby was 11lb 5 and when he was born the surgeon was very surprised if didn't have gd cos of his size.
I'm not even sure much about symptoms etc but I'm struggling to stay awake after I eat.
Is this anything to do with gd or just the norm?
Thanks

I struggle to stay awake after meals too!! I would love to hear if anyone comments.

oh, and justy FYI - many articals on Google say Gestational Diabetes almost never come with symptoms. The only ones notes are more thirsty (me) and frequest urination (all of us!!)

I never had any symptoms with GD :). I had it with my second but I was way more tired with my first.

I got GD at 16 weeks but I can't say I had any symptoms at all....aside from the baby being ahead. :D

With my GD, I did have symptoms. I was able to diagnose myself and went for the test earlier than normal where it was confirmed. I would get very tired, weak, and thirsty after meals. Hope that help

I am on round 3 with GD.

I do get symptoms - I was also getting them with DD1 and was undiagnosed until 36 weeks.

In subsequent pregnancies I've been able to accurately pin point when it starts - I have monitored from 12 weeks with DD2 and this baby.

My symtoms are tiredness after eating, like a horrible wooley headed feeling - but only when my sugars are high, thirst, a sweet smell to my urine, swelling and water retention, especially to my face and increased bouts of thrush.

Oh I also get a really dry mouth is my sugars are high.

Diabetes does have symptoms, but it is also known as the silent killer. I'm comfortable with saying sleeping after meals in not a symptom. Headaches, tingling feet, frequent urination, dehydration are some.

although what the above commented makes sense....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->