Do I Just Worry Too Much or Should I be concerned?

Robynxo

Finally there! Due in July 2019!
Reaction score
Hi ladies! I don’t know if this is the right place for this question.

I am 8 weeks pregnant and it took me 4 years of NTNP/some active TTC to get my first positive test. It was right after I stopped trying. My first obgyn visit was two days ago, and I told the nurses that. One “reassured” me with something like, “fertility comes and goes.” The main nurse said that stress can make it take longer, even though I wasn’t stressed the 3 years I was NTNP. No one seemed concerned in the slightest, and since I hadn’t yet gone to see what could be wrong, I don’t know if I could have something that could affect baby, like hypothyroidism, which I’ve never been checked for. I was basically told that “don’t worry, most pregnancies are healthy.”

I didn’t get an ultrasound or anything, just blood work and regular check up. Ultrasound is at 13 weeks. Meanwhile, I’m dying to know if baby is okay. I literally have to pretend I’m not pregnant and just focus on other things so I can move on with my life lol.

My main question is, if it took you ages to get pregnant, did you have worries when you finally did? Was there truly nothing to be concerned about?

You could have a panorama done at 9 weeks and a scan. That would tell you whether the baby has any chromosomal issues (which are the reason for 80% of miscarriages in the first trimester). Would also tell you if you are having a boy or a girl :). Otherwise you could wait until 12/13 weeks for the usual ultrasound and blood tests checks.

Hi ladies! I don’t know if this is the right place for this question.

I am 8 weeks pregnant and it took me 4 years of NTNP/some active TTC to get my first positive test. It was right after I stopped trying. My first obgyn visit was two days ago, and I told the nurses that. One “reassured” me with something like, “fertility comes and goes.” The main nurse said that stress can make it take longer, even though I wasn’t stressed the 3 years I was NTNP. No one seemed concerned in the slightest, and since I hadn’t yet gone to see what could be wrong, I don’t know if I could have something that could affect baby, like hypothyroidism, which I’ve never been checked for. I was basically told that “don’t worry, most pregnancies are healthy.”

I didn’t get an ultrasound or anything, just blood work and regular check up. Ultrasound is at 13 weeks. Meanwhile, I’m dying to know if baby is okay. I literally have to pretend I’m not pregnant and just focus on other things so I can move on with my life lol.

My main question is, if it took you ages to get pregnant, did you have worries when you finally did? Was there truly nothing to be concerned about?

From what I know, thyroid issues cause miscarriages, rather than making you not being able to fall pregnant, so I wouldn't worry about that personally :)

Hey so I have hypothyroidism/hashimotos and since being diagnosed 4.5 years ago, I've gotten pregnant 3x. First time ended in early MC, 2nd time resulted into my one year old son and 3rd time is me currently pregnant. I started taking medication for hypothyroidism only 5 months ago so I was untreated for about 4 years. Hypothyroidism can cause MC because of the fluctuating hormones. Sometimes in really bar cases some women have infertility issues but I've always fallen pregnant easily before thyroid and after.

Thanks for the input! I didn’t know if it was something else (like endo that may have blocked tubes, because I do have the signs but a lot of the time you only know by surgical means). But like I said, I really didn’t know if I had anything that may risk it after actually getting pregnant. Obviously I can’t assume there is anything actually wrong, but I’m just worried SOMETHING is wrong.

Hey there, I also experienced infertility and when I first got pregnant I doubted for a very very long time that my body could do this. I just wanted to offer some reassurance that those worries are normal, but try not to let them take over.

Thinking of you and I hope that everything is OK <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->