Do I need to be worried???

overcomer79

LT-TTC success 3.5yrs
Reaction score
I wasn't sure where to post this but thought here since I ff.

My daughter is five months old and the thing I'm concerned about is she eats MAYBE 30oz a day. She won't eat solids...just not interested.

My son had 30 oz a day too but he was very interested in solids.

She was small at birth (6lbs 6oz) and at her 4 month appt was 11lbs 11.5oz. Her dr isn't concerned b/c her brother grows slow. I'm wondering if I might want to take her in for a weight check instead of waiting on her six month appt. She is still in 3 month clothes.

Maybe I'm worrying over nothing?

30oz a day of formula is a great amount! My daughter also drank around that on a daily basis at 5 months. We didn't start her on solids until 5 1/2 months and she only tried a few little spoonfuls of pureed carrots daily for the first couple of weeks before moving onto another veggie and eventually fruit purees and baby porridge. From my understanding, formula should be baby's main source of nutrition the first year, although this isn't possible for all babies as some start weaning off it earlier (as is the case for my daughter - I can barely get 7oz of formula in her from a bottle or cup at that but she is a year now so I'm not as concerned). Anyway, if you think she's losing weight I'd certainly have it checked by her pediatrician but if she seems herself I wouldn't worry a bit. Interest in solids could take a while yet!

thank you...it is just so hard seeing how different the two are! I think I'll see what happens at hr 6 month appt. I had a very high metabolism as a child and so did dh so I'm thinking that is where these kids get it from.

DS was 29lbs a few weeks ago and he is 3!

Omar was on 20-24 oz at that age with no solids, he didn't show interest in solids until he was almost 7 months, we ditched the purée & we spoon fed him from our food.

But he was a big baby although he didn't drink much formula xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->