Do I qualify as having the world's worst sister?

Babushka

Reaction score
So yesterday was mother's day and I invited my mother & sister's family (incl husband, his mum & my 2 nieces) over to our house for afternoon tea.

I am 37 weeks pregnant and the lazy cow didn't offer to help me at all! I had to ask her to help carry a platter to the table but then she sat back on her fat arse again. Fortunately I was able to get her children to help me our as much as they could (they are 9 and 7).

She also arrived early so I didn't get a chance to have a shower or get ready and then pestered me about putting some food they brought into the oven. She always tries to have afternoon tea around 2pm as she doesn't feed her kids beforehand, the rest of the family eat lunch at 1pm and aren't ready for a mini meal at 2pm anyway. Our mum didn't arrive until 3ish as she had lunch with her partner's family so my nieces didn't eat anything until then. Talk about a bad mother!!

Thanks for reading, I'm so peeved with her and have decided that once the baby is born it will be coffee and biscuits only. Oh, forgot to mention that she walked out and left me with all the dishes that I have only just finished off this morning :growlmad:

=( well I don't know about "world worst" but it's certainly not very polite. Sorry she has to be like that!

Some people's children ;)

Aw that is really rude. In my family everyone offers to help without hesitation. With a pregnant woman there would be no doubt, she wouldn't have to move a finger unless she insisted.

Lol wanna swap for my sister? Not only is she like that and make sure her kids get fed first and reserves a plate for her to take home with her, she and her partner both dont work, rip off the government and rub their shiny new things our tax dollars have paid for in my face.
And told me I am a horrible person for not telling my dd the gender of the new baby first (we are telling her she is going to be a big sister on her 4th birthday) and she hopes my baby comes out the opposite gender like hers did because she would be right and get a laugh.

There is always one crazy one in the family.

my sister asked me to give her a back massage when I was 5 months pregnant!
I helped my mum all day with preparing lunch and she just rocks up with her crying baby hands it over to my mum and goes 'here hold him' and walks off to have a cigarette...

when she was pregnant she never lifted a finger and now her excuse is she has a baby.... I'm pregnant and I still help out because I'm not a lazy b*tch! - it will never be my turn!

Lol wanna swap for my sister? Not only is she like that and make sure her kids get fed first and reserves a plate for her to take home with her, she and her partner both dont work, rip off the government and rub their shiny new things our tax dollars have paid for in my face.

Sounds like my SIL... I hate people like that.

My other SIL gave me a stack of hand me downs, pointed out half a dozen items she wanted back and then said "happy baby shower." to imply that it was my baby gift... that I had to return to her. Who does that? She's not even intending to have any more children.

Sounds like my SIL... I hate people like that.

My other SIL gave me a stack of hand me downs, pointed out half a dozen items she wanted back and then said "happy baby shower." to imply that it was my baby gift... that I had to return to her. Who does that? She's not even intending to have any more children.

Lol how rude. ( probably wants to sell them) when you return them.

My sister when I had my dd told me I HAD TO buy all her girl stuff because her girl was born a boy and I owe it to her for having the girl.
Then this baby she gave me a bag full of "hand me downs" ( I love hand me downs usually) that I would use as cleaning rags not for a baby.

I recently went through a big bag of old baby clothes gave all the new stuff to my friend, the usable stuff to the thrift shop and the stained wornout stuff I chucked in the bin. The stained worn out stuff was what she just gave to me lol!!

Also my friend just gave me a change table for free and my sister was like oh great. I was going to ask you if you wanted to BUY mine. Lmao.

P.s sorry of I hijacked the post, its great to have a group of people who are in the same situation to talk to. My husband gets sick of hearing it. Lol

Lol how rude. ( probably wants to sell them) when you return them.

My sister when I had my dd told me I HAD TO buy all her girl stuff because her girl was born a boy and I owe it to her for having the girl.
Then this baby she gave me a bag full of "hand me downs" ( I love hand me downs usually) that I would use as cleaning rags not for a baby.

I recently went through a big bag of old baby clothes gave all the new stuff to my friend, the usable stuff to the thrift shop and the stained wornout stuff I chucked in the bin. The stained worn out stuff was what she just gave to me lol!!

Also my friend just gave me a change table for free and my sister was like oh great. I was going to ask you if you wanted to BUY mine. Lmao.

P.s sorry of I hijacked the post, its great to have a group of people who are in the same situation to talk to. My husband gets sick of hearing it. Lol

She's never asked us to buy stuff off her, just uses hand-me-downs as gifts. Of course, they are having a hard time financially, so I'd understand getting no gift and an offer of hand-me-downs. I find the concept of forcing hand-me-downs on someone in the form of a "gift" to be tacky.

You obviously haven't met my sister! Lol. She sounds rude but I wouldn't say terrible. My OH never does the dishes or gives up his seat unless I ask him etc. so expecting my sister to would be pointless really!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->