Do I wait for first AF to ttc or not?!!

Aquarius24

Mummy of 2 beauties!
Reaction score
Hi there, I am currently go through a mmc....not passed anything yet, just playing the waiting game.

I am confused, read lots of different views about waiting for first AF or just 'cracking on with it' so to speak!

Would love to hear from you and your experiences about this please girls...hat do i do?

Wy do they say to wait for at least one AF...some say 3 ! I believe I will very fertile after this mc so why not just crack on with it?? HELP!! LOL xx

Ah hun I am so sorry for your loss and the awful time you are going through. I miscarried at 10 wks 4 days and they said wait for 1 normal cycle before ttc. We were only careful for half of that month. Its not a bad thing if you do fall pregnant straight after its just they find it difficult to work out dates of conecption! Emotionally you do need a bit of time to recover also. Some people also dont ovulate for the first cycle after a miscarraige anyway so you may as well leave it a month, go out get drunk!xxx

So sorry for your loss.

The one month is for dating purposes and the 3 months I believe is to allow time for you to emotionally heal. GL with whatever you decide!

I am so sorry to hear about your m/c. I had a a missed m/c at 7 weeks and had to get a (D&C) I was told to wait after 2 cycles (I was going to let it pass naturally, but my ob/gyn and several friends advised me that it would be better emotionally for me to get the D&C so that I could begin the healing process). If you have a natural m/c I believe they say to wait at least 1 cycle.

The reasons you should wait for at least 1 cycle is the following: 1. Yes, you are extremely fertile, however until your period comes your hormone levels are still very high and a dr may not be able to tell if you are pregnant or if it is left over tissue from the m/c. 2. Your uterine lining is still weak so your body is actually up for it (and you many not be emotionally either). You should speak with the Dr and get more information about it. Whatever your decision, make sure that you are emotionally ready.

Best

My doctor told me to wait 3 cycles. enough for you to get back to regular cycles. Because the earlier you conceive the higher the rate of another miscarriage.

Thank you everyone for your replies...having considered all this we have decided to wait until after I have had one AF, thanks xx

I MC last week at 10wk +4 but the doctor told me that i can try as soon as we want. My bleeding has stopped now and so I think we are just going to try from here on in.

I think the longer I wait the more scared I will become of getting pregnant. I want a baby more than anything but I am fearful of what the first 12 weeks will be like next time round.

Good luck everyone no matter when you decide to try, we can do this.

Hi, i am also in middle of my 3rd mis, this one at 7 weeks, I passed the sac last night and lots of tissue today... There is no way I will even have sex for a few weeks. I just wouldnt... I think it would be sore up there but nevermind that my brain wouldnt allow it... I will just enjoy next few weeks wtih my hubbie and son, rest and then get back to my jogging etc and hopeI get pregnant again.

Hi hun. There was research done by the british medical association about a month ago which stated there is no medical reason to wait and that gettin pregnant again soon will NOT increase the risk of miscarriage. Telling you to wait is based on out of date guide lines which have since been proven wrong. When you feel mentally ready and the bleeding has stopped you can try again. But you won't OV until HCG has gone down. It does make it more difficult to date a new pregnancy though. Just do what you feel is right. Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->