Do Irregular Cycles & PCOS come hand in hand?

Feb4th2011

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if having irregular cycles (long, around 55 days) means that I most likely have PCOS? I'm 28 this summer, and I've had regular cycles since i was 12... until 12 months ago... we've been ttc since February '11. I will be going to see my (new) doctor in July, as my current doctor moved to a different province. Any insight from anyone is greatly appreciated:thumbup:

Sorry I didn't want to read and run but I would love to hear more on this aswell.
For months I will be regular and then they will get all messed up again, very odd !

I have always had irregular cycles and that's how I was diagnosed 10 years ago with PCOS. If you have long cycles, go see a doctor. PCOS could be the reason but there could be other factors causing long cycles as well.

I have and always have had very irregular cycles, anything from 28 to 80+ day long! My doc said it COULD indicate pcos and referred me for blood tests which came back fine, and just to be doubly sure sent me for a scan of my ovarys and again everythings fine! He did offer me a referral to a fertility clinic but we decided to continue ttc the natural way a while longer first and 2 months later I fell pregnant with my son :)

My PCOS was diagnosed when I still had regular 35 day cycles, they're now irregular. There's quite a few conditions that can cause irregular cycles (e.g. abnormal thyroid) so it won't necessarily be PCOS or even anything medical - mine are worse than usual whenever I'm stressed, as an example.

Do you have any other PCOS symptoms? Best to get checked out, just in case. :thumbup:

My PCOS was diagnosed when I still had regular 35 day cycles, they're now irregular. There's quite a few conditions that can cause irregular cycles (e.g. abnormal thyroid) so it won't necessarily be PCOS or even anything medical - mine are worse than usual whenever I'm stressed, as an example.

Do you have any other PCOS symptoms? Best to get checked out, just in case. :thumbup:

I do have a few other symptoms... I'm terrified... I'm gonna talk to the dr... ASAP

PCOS can be terrifying only if you let it. Right now my PCOS is more of an annoyance. I am on the meds and I am taking care of myself so it has been better lately.
it annoys me because I wish I could eat carbs without it ballooning my weight and I wish it wasn't a factor that was keeping me from conceiving but this month, I ovulated, I am praying everything else works out.
I will not let PCOS rule my life and my thoughts any more. I will not let it hinder my progress. And I will be successful in having a family despite it.

PCOS can be terrifying only if you let it. Right now my PCOS is more of an annoyance. I am on the meds and I am taking care of myself so it has been better lately.
it annoys me because I wish I could eat carbs without it ballooning my weight and I wish it wasn't a factor that was keeping me from conceiving but this month, I ovulated, I am praying everything else works out.
I will not let PCOS rule my life and my thoughts any more. I will not let it hinder my progress. And I will be successful in having a family despite it.

Congratulations on your your big "O"! That us such a good train of thought you have " I will not let PCOS rule my life" If it turns out I do... Im going to absolutely keep that in the back of my head.:hugs:

I was diagnosed with PCOS in Jan. of this year. I was bummed with the news, but glad that I finally had something to attribute my irregular cycles, lack of ovulating, and painful periods to. Currently, I'm taking Femara each month to help me ovulate and FSH injections to stimulate follicle growth. Hoping that one of these days all of this will pay off! [-o<

Just to add my 2pennies,

I have regular 32-35 day cycles, was diagnosed with PCOS in march and have had it confirmed that I dont ovulate at all on my own....

I really don't think that wether your regular or not is a good indication of PCOS, if you are worries I would see your doctor for bloods and an us!

X x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->