Do not attempt to move house whilst pregnant

Kimboowee

Complete
Reaction score
It's a fecking (sorry) nightmare.

Were moving like half a mile away and couldnt see the point in getting a van cos we dont have any huge electricals or sofas that need moving, so we used my Ford KA.

5 trips later and were still not done. And on top of that OHs parents and sister move back from France today, i've hidden my pregnancy notes after she chucked them out last time lol!

Reckon i'll sleep well tonight!

Ugh tell me about it, I moved last weekend. Barely unpacked anything as i've been too tired, I hardly have gotten any sleep cuz it's weird sleeping in a new place. Although I must say, it was nice not having to do any heavy lifting!! hehe

I helped my mom moved last time I was pregnant. That about killed me!!!

Take it easy!

Tell me about it!!We moved 3 weeks ago and think I have only just recovered!luckily we did have a van and borrowed a couple of extra stong men to help my OH out!!x

Oh noo! we moved house when i was 6 weeks pregnant boy did I feel useless and so tired - and I didnt even look pregnant so i felt even more useless!

Im supposed to be moving house in the next couple of weeks !! Not looking forward to the big move at all.

Am either going to be very overdue or wil have a newborn baby, couldn't really have picked a worse time !

I moved about 2 weeks ago, and it really was hard work i was exhausted from it. Just about settled now though thankfully.

we moved in september 2002 from hertfordshire to staffordshire when i was 7 months pregnant.............and hubby had a newly broken thumb!!!:rofl:
it was complete chaos!!!

i no how you feel about moving whilst pregnant lucky we had a moving van since we where moving things from 3different houses lol but everyone just dumped everything in my living room so inbetween loads me, my mum, my brother and jamies sister has to move stuff into room otherwise nothing else would get in the house and jamies parents left us to put together the bed, wardrobe and loads of stuff lucky my gran picked up my dad and he did it.

But congrats on your new house hun and lots of rest after

Gosh, I'm going to have to move if all is well with the bump and as I'm single it's going to be so hard!!!! Will need to pay people to carry everything as there is no way I am lifting a finger... sigh! But it will be worth it as my place is so small...

Ohhhh God... Me and DH moved when I was in 1st Tri and he was all panicky, trying to pack everything into our then-vehicle and he was all, "Come on, come on! Help me! Hurry up! Don't sit down! *panicpanic*" And I had hyperemesis at the time, so I was *moves pillow from house to jeep... throw up... sit down* and then DH came and was all, "What are you doing? Come on! Help meeee!" >.< Worst experience ever.

Well after all my hard work yesterday can i sleep...Can i hell!!!

Its 3am and im wide awake. This is not good!!!!

Oh no, don`t say that!

I have an international move (I will be 10 and a half weeks) and then another move in August into an apartment once we find one.

ARGHHHH!

Hope you have a quick recovery

Goodness i may be moving soon i hope its not going to be too bad but got oh and family to help so should be able to muddle through

Ooooh nooooo, now i REALLY don't want to move! :rofl:

We are moving in around 7-8 weeks, about 8 miles up the road. We moved last year and it was just me and OH and all our bloody furniture and life's possessions and no one to help, just us and a rental van and a weekend off work...bloody nightmare!

This year we have had offers of help (thank god, cos i aint gonna be moving any sofas or washing machines thank you very much!!) but i'm still not looking forward to the chaos and stress. God i hate moving. Hopefully it'll be worth it though, we should be well settled by the time baba gets here :cloud9:

I'm going to be moving from Ipswich to Milton Keynes within 4 months! Its gonna be hell doing it pregnant.. I have a house to find, pre-school, Dr/MW etc! :hissy: Its gonna be hard work but worth it as moving to be closer to all my family as i grew up there.

oh oh ... we are planning a move across canada when I am 30 weeks along..... but I am dragging my parents and sister with to help unpack. I plan to eat ice-cream and direct them.... good to know that the rest of you have survived your moves.

thanks for the warning - we were thinking about house hunting but I think after reading all your experiences, we'll maybe leave it until next year - or until the little one is big enough to help!

good luck with everyone who is moving though - take care of yourselves and don't go getting hurt or stressed.... I like the 'supervisor who sits back and eats ice cream' approach!

Hi were moving in a few weeks also lol, not looking forward to it really but as i packed, moved and unpacked everything last Oct (as we moved into temp housing as landlord sold last house) i've TOLD O/H he is doing it all by himself this time might take myself out somewhere for the day lol.

But i'm laying carpets and painting as dont trust him doing any of it lol and i know i can do it better than any man lol.

Clare x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->