Do not attempt to move house whilst pregnant

We moved from Holland in November when I was about 3 months pregnant and then had to move again to our new place in february. I didnt do very much but it was still pretty hardcore especially the move from abroad. Also didnt help that our new place is a 3 floored victorian house. Doh.

i moved nearly a month ago now but i got so stessed with getting everything done, im back at my mums for a bit because im still paying off bills from my old place!! :( but i will be moving again at about 28 weeks which is going to be a nightmare, only because i cant stay at my mums with baby and me and OH miss eachother sooo much :( definalty not fun moving when pregnant!x

Were moving house tomorrow and I'm dreading it lol luckily we are literally moving over the road so i'm hoping it won't be too bad

I did this last time, when I was 37 weeks, on the plus side I wasnt allowed to lift a single thing, never again though

I have moved 3 times in total during this pregnancy, i must be mad!!!

Moved first time about 16weeks from a 1bed flat into a house, was there a total of 4weeks and HAD to move out as the house was unsuitable and landlord was a tit (was so damp and cold brrrrrrrr)

Second time was at 20weeks when we moved from the cold brrrrrr house into a temp house with a diff landlord as the final house we had found wasnt finished so the landlord let us stay in one of his free houses whilst it was finished, we were so desperate to get outta the cold wet damp house!

Third and final time was about 26weeks moving from the temp house to the permanent house, have been here ever since and am not going anywhere else now, have said am gonna grow old in this house, dont wanna move again hahahaha

Eep! I will be moving in a few weeks! Thank you for the advice.. I'll have to make sure OH gets some mates to help him out and take a spa day instead :)

Oh dear just reading these stories are making me feel tired.

we are supposed to be moving next weekend - we have sold our house and we are going into a bigger house.

Luckily our new house is just at the bottom of our hill where we live, once we get the keys I will start taking light stuff down in my car. We will have a van on saturday morning and five strong men to move everything, all I will be doing is making tea and coffee as I came out of hospital last friday after getting rushed in with pains - I am just taking it easy now. Once we move I will be able to relax and look forward to the rest of my pregnancy.

Selling and moving is very stressful but it will be worth it in the end.

Good luck to all the movers......

Lynn xx

Eep! I will be moving in a few weeks! Thank you for the advice.. I'll have to make sure OH gets some mates to help him out and take a spa day instead :)

If you leave him to it won't everything end up in the wrong place? Maybe it's just me who likes to put certain things in certain places and arrange them in certain ways - I'm weird like that!

Spa day sounds lush, but the last one I went to most of the rooms said "don't use if you're pregnant" - I guess cos of the temperature....

DH and I have decided to move and it will likely be in July when I'm abuot 34 weeks! He's said he'll do all the work with help from friends and I can delegate! Let's hope he'll stick to it!

ive moved twice in this pregnancy and its been hellish, first time i was 11 half weeks an half way thru the "moving weekend" i started to bleed so everything was abandoned to rush to hospital second time i was 22 weeks and so tired and the company we hired to move us were so unreilable and cheeky making comments on fat birds and fatties (me 22weeks and SIL 29 weeks standing in next room) so OH complained to the company but never got appologie but what i didnt tell OH until they left was was SIL put salt in the coffees,serves them right

We moved about 7 weeks ago and my mum was my main help couldnt have done it without her! my partner is away in the falklands with work so I have been on my own most of the way through the pregnancy dont know how i did it ha ha still have loads of stuff to get from my mums though that we have left in storage its a nightmare!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->