do OPKs always work?

Natsby

Luca born 9-11-2012
Reaction score
I decided to try opks for a month as my temping annoys OH (and I broke my thermometer). My cycle recently changed from 30 to 28 days so I wanted to know if O had changed to, but I had ewcm on days 10- 12 and a negative test, now that has gone, but still no positive. So what do you think? am I not getting pregnant because my fertile cm is too early, or are the opks lying? I´m on day 13 now and worrying we might have missed our moment. I´m going to drag oh into the other room in a min and dtd just in case I get a pos tomorrow.

I tried an OPK from the $ tree last cycle ( first time using an OPK) & I got a positive, but I had tons of ewcm so I already knew I was about to ovulate. I wasn' t really temping at that time. So the OPK's worked for me. I would keep :sex: & using OPK's incase you did O earlier. Good luck! :hugs:

Ive had a few months where I didnt get a smiley face ov test, so not sure what happened those months but I could have started testing too late or something. people can miss their LH surge sometimes, last month I got my smiley face and then ovulated the very same day according to my temps so it was a short window.

I do find my CM seems to match up with my ov tests, when I first started tracking everything I would get my smiley face on CD16/17 and then one month I was so wet down there CD13 and mentioned it to my hubby, then that night got my smiley face. I currently have EWCM so am waiting to see when I get my smiley and hoping its back to CD13 which is tomorrow. I tend to BD every other night from when my period stops so I have a good chance even if I get a surprise early ovulation, so go :sex:!!

Got positive this morning, thankfully I managed to get oh to bd last night, but I´m stll worried that my ewcm is too early.

Got positive this morning, thankfully I managed to get oh to bd last night, but I´m stll worried that my ewcm is too early.
great news:happydance:
loads of luck hun:hugs:hope you catch that eggy:hugs:

Dont forget that all the important stuff happens before ov. You gotta get the :spermy: in there before ov happens, so they are ready and waiting for the eggy to show up. Always a good idea to get some more in there the day of ov too! I rarely ever get a positive opk. I think i drink too much water during the day. But my charts clearly show that i am ovulating so i always go off my darkest opk. I'm not doing opks this month or temping, just going off my cm, which has always kind of matched up with my ov. after ov my cm goes sticky pretty much straight away. Oh, and my boobs and nipples get kinda achey after ov too.

Dont forget that all the important stuff happens before ov. You gotta get the :spermy: in there before ov happens, so they are ready and waiting for the eggy to show up. Always a good idea to get some more in there the day of ov too! I rarely ever get a positive opk. I think i drink too much water during the day. But my charts clearly show that i am ovulating so i always go off my darkest opk. I'm not doing opks this month or temping, just going off my cm, which has always kind of matched up with my ov. after ov my cm goes sticky pretty much straight away. Oh, and my boobs and nipples get kinda achey after ov too.

What Mellybelle just said - OPK's in my experience are not an exact science, I'm also a big water drinker and if I don't save up the pee for at least 2 hours then I don't tend to get a positive off them at all. I don't think they are as sensitive as HPTs. :growlmad:

I would get nothing ie no line for a couple of days and then MAYBE if I managed to hold the pee (sorry TMI) I might get a day or dark lines, but it's such a faff that I don't know if I can be arsed. Especially on a working day, it's not exactly concevenient!

But I've read on this forum of people getting several days of dark lines off them, when they weren't anywhere near ovulation, so my theory (based on no scientific evidence whatsoever) is that hormones in pee vary from person to person. Like the whole asparagus enzyme thing.

There's a small percentage of the population who get pee that smells funny IMMEDIATELY after eating asparagus, it's some weird enzyme thing, it's mostly a male thing but some women get it - including yours truly.

I've gotta try that. I LOVE asparagus. Not the canned shit tho, I like it lightly fried in olive oil....just thought i'd add that.

glad you got a positive opk! :thumbup:
i would deff not worry about the ewcm. the month i got pregnant i ov'ed on cd13/14 but had ewcm only on cd10 and cd17!
hope you catch the egg!
:dust:

There's a small percentage of the population who get pee that smells funny IMMEDIATELY after eating asparagus, it's some weird enzyme thing, it's mostly a male thing but some women get it - including yours truly.

i did not know about this, but i am one of those too!!

great news! hope you caught the egg, dont worry about the ewcm.

Thanks everyone, we try to bd every other day or so, so I should be ok, if this is my month. And me too on the asparagus!

Aaah see there you go, there's a few of us having the asparagus enzyme! :haha:

And tinned, pickled fresh, makes no difference - practically before I'm even finished CHEWING it. And funny as in yucky (not that pee smells that great anyway!) LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->