Do u allow your young child to touch/use money?

littlebabyboy

Reaction score
Obviously I mean kids past the age where they would put it in their mouth.
My 3 year old wants me to put some money in his wallet which of course I don't mind. But I hate the thoughts of him
handling dirty coins etc as money is so yuck. I'm prob over reacting but just wondering what your opinions are. I just wouldn't want him handing over lots of change to buy his crisps and then using his hands to eat his crisps. Just god knows where money has been. No?

My 2 yr old is always playing with my purse and handling coins. Tbh it's not something I've ever thought about.

little- i've thought about it. Actually- i'm so aware of it that after i handle money i wash my hands every time just in case.

I actually plan (if she really likes money) to get her some fake money- they have some really neat sets you can get. xx

toby handle my pennys all the time - i have a big coke bottle money box and he likes to tip them out and put them back in.

iv never thought about it but a little bit of germs never hurt any one x

Yes I let Tyler handle money,for me I don't see the big deal it would be the Same if we were walking round town and he held onto a hand rail. I can't go round cleaning his hands after everything he's touched that other people have touched.

you can buy toy money. Our little girl uses her Dads poker chips x

My 2.5 year old loves to play with my purse and the money inside. Infact, I find it really strange how he'll root through my purse, disregard the receipts but keep holder of the tenner!!! It's like he's automatically intune to how valuable it is!!

I do hate that smell and taste you get from coppers so I wash his hand if he's been handling those, but not too fussed about the silvers and notes x

If u don't like it carry some hand gel so u can use that after touching money. I've never thought about it but yeah money is pretty dirty and u never no if ur £20 note has got coke on it or not

My kids are older but even when they were younger I didn't see a problem with.
As mumandco said, you can't protect them from germs that are everywhere....it's just part of life! X

My daughter has been playing with coins around the house since before she was 1 (she had stopped putting things in her mouth by that age). Now they both pay for things at shops and my son has his own money tin. I've never really thought about it and I'm a great believer in a bit of dirt being good for you anyway.

Sure, Carmen loves playing with money. She has her own little piggy bank and we sometimes give her spare change to put in it, or put a dollar in her pocket when we go to the shop so she can pay for a little something for herself. :)

Lucas plays with money, he loves it! Not given the germs much thought tbh :)

Rosie plays with money, she loves it and keeps her busy lol

I cant keep lo away from coins, he always finds them somewhere or other and he loves playing with them and pitting them in his money box.
Having done my health and hygien for work I am very aware of how dirty money is but tbh it doesnt bother me.
Coins have a fraction of the dirt and germs on then a telephone, keyboard, public door handle.
Did you know a public door handle has nearly 60 times the amount of germs on it then a public toilet seat, coins dont seem so bad when you know that :)

I personally havent ever thought about it..x

I have thought about it, when my boys were young enough that they still put their fingers in their mouths I didn't let them play with money, but now that their a little bigger I never give it a second thought, and I don't think I could keep my change away from them if I wanted to!! I always wind up going to dig for exact change at the store and having to break a bill anyway because they've gotten in my purse and robbed me blind :)

I have thought about it, when my boys were young enough that they still put their fingers in their mouths I didn't let them play with money, but now that their a little bigger I never give it a second thought, and I don't think I could keep my change away from them if I wanted to!! I always wind up going to dig for exact change at the store and having to break a bill anyway because they've gotten in my purse and robbed me blind :)

we have a little mugger like that, The other day lo was playing with me and pushed me down and sat on me then pulled my purse out of my pocket and taking the money out of it and putting it in his pocket :)

Just when u think of weirdos outvthere fount god knows with the coins. Like putting it up their bum for the laugh. Stranger things have happened. Lol. I don't mean that u will definately get sick, just that's it's icky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->