Do u allow your young child to touch/use money?

Oh also I never thought about it when I didn't have kids. Dud t even come into my head. It's just the thoughts of it on my my darlings hands. Lol

I wont worry about things like that theres germs everywhere if you start thinking like that you will end up like Monk on that tv show (no offense) William always plays with money has even has somewhere he keeps it and loves the pound shop lol

I wont worry about things like that theres germs everywhere if you start thinking like that you will end up like Monk on that tv show (no offense) William always plays with money has even has somewhere he keeps it and loves the pound shop lol

Mine love counting money out and taking it to the shops x:thumbup:

Technicaly at work we are ment to wash our hands after everytime handling money but if we did we would spend nearly two hours of every shift in the bathroom and customers complain enough as it is about how long they have been waiting for their meals :) so generaly I just wash my hands every half hour or so or if I have had to do something dirty or with chemicals

Mine have always handled money. Probably from around 18-24 months when they started getting pennies to put in their money boxes. My 4 1/2 yo has had his own wallet since he was about 3 and he keeps his holiday money in it lol.

I've never really thought about the dirty aspect of it-mainly because in the course of a day they touch so many things that could be dirty so it doesn't really worry me.

my LO loves if he finds a penny he's really good and bring them all to me. Never thought about the germs really but if you think along those lines you'd never touch anything

My 2 year old loves coins and has done for a while and so did my eldest, i let them and never really thought about the germ issue, i agree with the others, germs are everywhere and some germs are good..... you cant (and shouldnt) be to over cautious where it comes to germs they are all around us. x

JJ loves money. He's always mugging me too and taking my purse to take out all the coins and 'money cards' as he calls my bank cards etc lol. He has a money tin and I give him some change sometimes to put in it - it's getting quite heavy now. It'll give him a sense of saving eventually. The germs never even occurred to me but sure a few germs won't kill them. And as the mammy of a little boy who loves sticking his hands in the loo water which also has done him no harm so far it would be the last thing to worry me.

I remember working behind a supermarket kiosk a few years ago and a old lady opened her purse to hand me some money and nestled in her coins was a dead budgie. I was in shock!

I dont see a problem with it, they are guna be handling money soon enough anyway, cant protect them from every possible germ x

It's fab to hear these relaxed approaches ladies. I need to calm down a bit i think!!

JJ loves money. He's always mugging me too and taking my purse to take out all the coins and 'money cards' as he calls my bank cards etc lol. He has a money tin and I give him some change sometimes to put in it - it's getting quite heavy now. It'll give him a sense of saving eventually. The germs never even occurred to me but sure a few germs won't kill them. And as the mammy of a little boy who loves sticking his hands in the loo water which also has done him no harm so far it would be the last thing to worry me.

I caught Brian trying to lick the buggy wheels, coins are the least of my concerns :haha:

I caught Brian trying to lick the buggy wheels, coins are the least of my concerns :haha:

AJ tries to lick wheels too :haha:

And for the past week or so, he keeps pouring juice/milk, etc on the wooden floor then attempting to lick it up :dohh: keep having to yank him off the ground when he does it, no idea where he's picked it up too! :haha: xx

I dont let my LO handle money because she tries to eat it but when shes bigger and understands what it is and wants some change to put in her piggy bank or something then i have no problems with it, germs are everywhere. My LO licks dogs noses and tried to lick the bottom of my friends shoe the other day so those are things i would be more worried about xx

Tom's always playing with my money, he likes putting it in his money box :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->