Do u always go into labour after waters?

iwantabub

Reaction score
Ok sorry if tmi but me and dh dtd before going out today and it was a bit rougher than what it has been lately as I felt quite good today... Nothing crazy... Just back to normal pre pregnancy type thing...

After I got in the car I felt a little "gush" I had a pad on anyway incase anything happens anyway but I couldn't stop to check until we got to where we were going.. By then it had absorbed and I don't know if it was a bit extra of dh "stuff" or my waters ... Sorry tmi...

I've been leaking since but dunno if it's just normal discharge or not ... It's clear like normal with no smell... Also since then baby has been really low... He's been engaged for a while but this is like pressure central...

I haven't had any sort of contractions tho...

It could just be coincidence that dh stuff and some shaking the baby went Even lower?

What should I do from here?
If I get no contractions all is ok?

Any of your waters go like that and no labour or will u always have labor soon after?
Thanks ladies

My sisters water broke and she hadn't any contractions so they had to induce her. I'm not sure if what happened to you is your water breaking but it's worth a call to your midwife/ob.

Probably best to contact your mw just to check.
My friend had her waters break but she was in the bath at the time si didnt realise and didnt have any contractions till over 48 hours later, after 15 hours of mild contractions they realised she had no fluid and the baby was getting a bit squished with each contraction so they had to hurry labour along or risk a emergancy cs.
Plus if your waters have gone there is a risk of infection so better to be safe.
Chances are its a mixture of left overs and cm where the baby is pushing down.

My waters had to be broke first time and second time went in the middle of active labour. Never went first.

my waters broke 3 days before my son was born, you need to call l&d and inform them that your waters have gone, they will ask you to come in and test you to see if it actually was waters, if it was they will give you chance to go naturally into labour and might give you antibiotics, generally in the uk they wait 48 hours and then begin a pictocin drip but I birthed in Norway and they let me go 72 hours without antibiotics, I birthed without induction in the 71st hour lol.

My waters went whilst i was in hospital with a pessary in being induced. It was a full on splash on the floor like you see in the films (embarrasing lol) then it kind csme out in pulses.. bit tmi sorry! My tummy felt empty after and all the movement my lo made felt really strange without the fluid cushioning it. After I did get contractions but not enough to dilate me and the drip was started about 16 hours later when they had a bed! Worth calling them. They would be able to give you an answer pretty quickly. Better to check. I think they say if you are soaking pads through within the hour its prob waters but better to ask x

My mom didn't get contractions after her water broke. She told me she had to be induced. I'd call the hospital to find out for sure as we are told to call as soon as your waters go. It can be dangerous due to infection if they have and things don't progress within a certain time frame.

Thanks ladies... The more I think about it I think it may just be cm mixed with dh stuff but I have now had three "what I think" are contractions ... Like period pains but my belly goes a bit hard... And I know bubs head is down far coz I feel like with every bump of the car almost a bit of wee comes out ... Sorry tmi... I will give mw a buzz in a bit

with my first my waters broke, and i only had bh. they eventally had to give me pitocin. its always good to get checked if waters may have broke:)

I had a slight gush the morning before, but on the day of labour my waters broke at about 1130am after having contractions since 12 midnight, had my little girl at 2pm!

gross as this is........sniff the pad. Apparently waters smell kinda Pine tree like...

Not for me. With my first waters had to be broken. With my second my waters broke about 3 hours before DD was born

Thanks ladies... Went and got checked and it was just lots and lots of discharge... Gross :(

Was so funny tho coz as soon as they put on the ctg machine to measure contractions little man went mental haha wouldn't let them do much at all...

I'm not dialated at all... Is that normal for nearly 36 weeks? I hear so many posts of ladies saying they're dialated a cm or two for a lil while... I think my man just wants to hang out for as long s possible lol

Thanks ladies... Went and got checked and it was just lots and lots of discharge... Gross :(

Was so funny tho coz as soon as they put on the ctg machine to measure contractions little man went mental haha wouldn't let them do much at all...

I'm not dialated at all... Is that normal for nearly 36 weeks? I hear so many posts of ladies saying they're dialated a cm or two for a lil while... I think my man just wants to hang out for as long s possible lol

I'm almost 39 weeks and was (probably still am) only a fingertip on Friday. It differs from woman to woman and pregnancy to pregnancy

My waters were gone or weeks and I didn't go into labour. Just part of my waters though. It sounds more likely just from dtd though

when I went in to get induced I was not dialated at all and my cervix was at the back so they gave me the pessary... little Benny was born in 57 minutes!! dont worry about the whole dialated or not dialated thing :) the contractions during labour will sort that out! xxx

when I went in to get induced I was not dialated at all and my cervix was at the back so they gave me the pessary... little Benny was born in 57 minutes!! dont worry about the whole dialated or not dialated thing :) the contractions during labour will sort that out! xxx

I like to hear stories like this :) i go in Wednesday evening to be induced. They're starting me with cervidil, which is a little thing they put in your vagina so I'm gonna assume something similar to what was used on you?

Can't speak from experience as this is my first pregnancy but with my mum when she was having me she was at home all day and my nan called her to ask if she had any signs she aid no she's just peeing a lot and her knickers are a little wet but not soaking turned out it was her waters just gradually leaking through the day! Best to go get checked hun xx

Can't speak from experience as this is my first pregnancy but with my mum when she was having me she was at home all day and my nan called her to ask if she had any signs she aid no she's just peeing a lot and her knickers are a little wet but not soaking turned out it was her waters just gradually leaking through the day! Best to go get checked hun xx

Oops just seen I'm a little late with this and you have already been checked :) xx

My mw was going to do a sweep but I wasn't dilated or effaced at all, 2 days later I went into labour and from first proper contraction to delivery was just over 2 hours. So even though it seemed nothing was happening it didn't matter in the end or affect sped or ease of delivery

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->