do u like ppl to know you are bfing?

Discussion in 'Breastfeeding' started by FsMummy, Dec 26, 2009.

1. FsMummy

FsMummy single mum to 4 cuties

strange question, i know, but if you are around someone who you dont see much ie a friend of a friend or a stranger you have just met do you find yourself making sure they know you bf? its probably just me lol i dont know why. like for example, last night my ex bil was round my mums with us playing guitar hero:rofl: and he had his friend with him who ive met several times but dont really know all that well and it was time for their evening bottle and i was saying things to oh like "oh they shouldve had boob earlier" or something. or ill drop it in conversation randomly lol it must be because im proud of bfing them this long. does this make any sense at all? lol

2. dippy dee

dippy dee Well-Known Member

lol i find myself doing it all the time, i think part of the reason is i'm proud but also i like to for warn people as i'm not going to move to feed lo but if they want they can move.

3. Wombat

Wombat Married mum of 2:)

I do!
    It just makes me so proud that I managed to do it!

The other day in the costa there were no empty tables with the sofas (you know how you get normal table and chairs and the ones which have comfy sofas and tables). So I saw that two blokes were finishing their coffes and I came up and asked if they are going to go soonish. They said that no but offered me a seat next to them. So I said that sorry but no, because I have to breastfeed...
    Later I was thinking why on earth did i have to tell two strange blokes that i am breastfeeding? So embarrasing really:blush:

4. Kitten

Kitten Mummy to Theakston & Nyah

I tend to drop it into conversation purely so they know that when he's hungry I'll be whapping 'em out. Everyone just assumes you bottle feed.

5. florabean1981

florabean1981 mum to Harry 06/10/09

i find i dont have to because for some reason, where i live, everyone seems obessed with knowing how you feed your baby!!! :dohh: if i had a pound for everytime someone asks me 'are you feeding him yourself' i would be rich! lol

6. dippy dee

dippy dee Well-Known Member

lol it's the opposite here the min lo starts crying they are soon asking if they can warm a bottle for us.

7. Elysian1c0

Elysian1c0 Well-Known Member

I do. I don't know. I guess I'm proud of me. :)

8. Blah11

Blah11 ☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼

I do it too :)

9. Sherileigh

Sherileigh Well-Known Member

Absolutely I do....I only express...so when I get his bottle out I'm sure to say 'would you like some boobie milk?'...just to make sure people know how hard I work for his food! lol

10. FsMummy

FsMummy single mum to 4 cuties

im not the only one! lol we were round ohs dads a few weeks ago and his daughter in law was there. it was the evening so oh was warming bottles up and i kept going on about how 'theyre normally breastfed' lol like she was bothered. :rofl:

11. Lu28

Lu28 Aisling's mammy

I find myself doing this too, god knows why! :blush: I doubt anyone else cares...

12. JayleighAnn

JayleighAnn Guest

Same, everyone says "ooh are you feeding him yourself" and when I say yes they either congratulate me or kinda pull a sucking lemon face and say "well I tried it, but it wasn't for me" like it offends them that I bf lol

And I never understand "are you feeding him yourself" no, I have my own personal maid that feeds my child, be it bottle or boob"

13. florabean1981

florabean1981 mum to Harry 06/10/09

Exactly!!!!!! :dohh: the 1st time somone asked me that, i didnt even kno what she meant, lol!