Do u show earlier with ur 2nd pregnancy? Especially if its close to your first?

josephine3

Reaction score
I am just wondering cos i kno i sound daft im only 5 weeks so its gotta all be bloat but i feel huge! Its only 14 months since i had my first, do u think i will show faster? I was showing by 10 weeks with my 1st. Am worried as id like to keep it quiet from work at least for a while!

When I got pregnant with my second my daughter was 4 months old. I had a nice bump by 13 weeks. My uterus was above my pubic bone at 9 weeks and was at my belly button by 16 weeks. I showed and grew a lot faster with my second but it slowed down quick in the second trimster. By the third trimester everything had evened out and I grew quite slowly after that.

yep! My little boy will be 1 this week and I'm 11 weeks along now and am showing already. We haven't announced it yet as we're trying to wait till 13 weeks but we're already getting a lot of funny looks so I'm sure everyone knows.... or they think I'm just gaining a ton of weight!

I became pregnant 6 weeks post partum, my son would have been about 2 months old. I am so big and told my doctor I thought it was twins! He said that I will show much sooner as I had back to back pregnancies and that second pregnancy and so on you show sooner as your muscles have already been stretched..

Not with my second, but showing sooner with my third! It depends on the person and pregnancy I find.

I wonder... does a previous miscarriage "count" as a previous pregnancy, in terms of how early you show the next time around? Because I actually started showing at 8 weeks when my uterus actually moved above my pubic bone. My midwife DID look at me and go, "Are you expecting twins!?" but I've had two early scans that only showed one baby, so unless they missed it, it's probably just the one. Now that I'm 10 weeks, I can't hide it at all, with any clothing. If I wear big frumpy clothing I just look fat, and so I just gave up and started wearing regular clothing that shows the bump. My scan is next week and I planned on telling everyone after that anyway, so I don't have to wait too long with people suspiciously looking at my bump! :happydance:

I'm on my 3rd baby and 7th pregnancy and I already have a bloat bump but it deffo seems to be bloat but I can see it and I'm struggling to hide it lol x

I fell pregnant with my 2nd when my 1st was 5 months old. So yeah I showed right away.
This is me at 14 weeks with my 2nd, I was about this big at 7 months with my 1st!
I'm scared at how big ill be this time cause I'm quite over weight now and have a bit of a belly anyway.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 10
Yes - it is said to be owed to the abdominal muscles being looser (the uterus does not have to work as hard to stretch and may have a memory retention). Many show earlier in each subsequent pregnancy.

:dohh: thats bad news for hiding it then. I also want to wait till after the 12 wk scan this time but dont kno if i will be able to get away with it. how do u kno if ur uterus is above ur pubic bone? Dont think they tell us that one in the uk.

With my daughter I bloated right away but nothing major until 12 weeks. She is now 2 & a half, I'm 6 weeks pregnant but look about 5 months! My tum is so big, I'm going to mention it to the midwife on Friday x

I feel the same Gemma i look about 20 weeks its ridiculous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->