Do UK hospitals/birth centers give you a peri bottle for after birth?

Willow87

Reaction score
I keep hearing about these peri bottles but I can't find one anywhere around here and I am hoping that they will ATLEAST provide me with a bottle for cleanup since they don't provide you with anything else.

id like to know too! I was planning on taking one of those sports bottles of water to squirt just in case they didnt

What is it? A bottle to clean your foof?

I've never heard of them!

I was put straight in the bath after I have birth last time so was clean straight away

Oooh! Interesting!
Never ever heard of one tho! But a good idea!
I'm hoping for home birth so can just shower.
If I have to go into hospital though it would be nice to have something like that if I couldn't bath or shower straight away!

Oooh! Interesting!
Never ever heard of one tho! But a good idea!
I'm hoping for home birth so can just shower.
If I have to go into hospital though it would be nice to have something like that if I couldn't bath or shower straight away!

Its more for after you've had a wee or a poop. Spray some water up there to clean and its kinder than using that sandpaper grade paper. Also will stop your wee stinging if you have any cuts or stitches

Ooh I see. I thought for washing after birth!

Yes I can see how squirting water would be better than using paper!

I'd just bring an empty mineral water bottle or something that I could wash myself with after going to the toilet and then I can throw it away when I'm done using it!

I was told to pack a plastic jug in my hospital bag to rinse myself down there when I use the loo afterwards. I don't think the hospital supplies you with anything but I'm pretty sure you can have a bath/shower pretty soon after labour if everything went ok.

I've had 4 hospital births here in the UK and with each one have been clean immediately. My first was an epidural, they cleaned me up then popped me in the bath. all the others were baths straight after, with the exception of my last baby, where I had a shower instead.

Also, midwives actively encourage having your first few wees in the bath in the days following birth as its much more comfortable and helps with any soreness. :thumbup:

I just used a plastic cup and poured it at the same time as when I went. Then I did the same at home for a few days, I was told only to do it as I had stitches x

At my hospital next to the toilet they had bidet with a little shower head on a long cord you could use, it stretched to the toilet.

Reading all these I am now wincing at the thought of those first wee's and that dreading first poo!

Thanks for the tips about pouring water as you pee though! That's defo gonna help

Reading all these I am now wincing at the thought of those first wee's and that dreading first poo!

Thanks for the tips about pouring water as you pee though! That's defo gonna help

Make sure its warm... I used cold water :coffee: Just ouch.

Oh gosh I had forgotten all about the first poo anxiety!!

I only had to worry about the pouring water during/after peeing with my 1st as had an episiotomy. I did get told to pee in the bath but that disgusted me so never done it. With my 2nd I had stitches but never needed to use water and my 3rd I never needed too either.

I have never heard of a Uk hospital etc offering a bottle or anything so it would pay to go prepared if you plan to use one x

Oh gosh I had forgotten all about the first poo anxiety!!

I only had to worry about the pouring water during/after peeing with my 1st as had an episiotomy. I did get told to pee in the bath but that disgusted me so never done it.

First poo anxiety = horrific! worse than the act itself! :rofl:

The bath thing.. I spend the first few days literally running a bath just to sit in so I can pee then I get out. A fresh one every time.. Need my poor hubbys help in and out, mind you, but there's nowt worse than grazed lady parts peeing!

It really is worse than the act itself haha
I love giving birth and being pregnant until the poo bit! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"