Do UK hospitals/birth centers give you a peri bottle for after birth?

Soooo shouldnt have read this while deciding whether to have a vbac!! Lol OUCH!!!

Reading all these I am now wincing at the thought of those first wee's and that dreading first poo!

Thanks for the tips about pouring water as you pee though! That's defo gonna help

Im 100% not afraid of labour and birth, but I am genuinely afraid of having that first poop!

I seem to recall the hospital maternity ward toilets having jugs in them when I had my first. I was dreading that first poo, but it was surprisingly ok. I suppose it depends what the damage is though! I had a 2nd degree tear, so it didn't quite go that far around!

I just used wet paper towels and dabbed my private parts before and after i pee'd/pooed. I had 2nd degree tear and stitches and didn't have too much bother. I stole loads of the paper hand towels from the ensuite in my room at the hospital and used them at home for a few days.

Ok ladies now I'm intrigued as a naive first timer.

Fill me in on the nightmare first poo

Oh the shame after my 5th it did not even sting when I went for a wee!! Must do my; pelvic floors this time!! X x x

I think I was constipated for days!! Its just all a bit fresh drink loads and eat lots of fruit and just pushhhhh your womb will not fall out honest x

Everything is swollen.

Your poop obv needs to come down and passed the swelled bits.

Too sore to push. To scared to push. You never want to push again in your whole life after labour.

Fell like you're going to pop if you push too much.

You're just so fearful!

Everything is swollen.

Too sore to push. To scared to push. You never want to push again in your whole life after labour.

You're just so fearful!

Pretty much exactly that!! :) I remember feeling like my uterus would fall out if i tried to push that poo out!

Everything is swollen.

You're just so fearful!

Pretty much exactly that!! :) I remember feeling like my uterus would fall out if i tried to push that poo out!

This... but I think the worry is worse than the poo itself!

Once you've done it once you're fine then!

Each time gets easier until you're all healed up!

Everything is swollen.

You're just so fearful!

Hahahahaha this made me roll!

I told hubby not to worry about my screams whilst I went for the most painful poo of my life...it wasn't too bad!

With the peeing thing i had an episiotomy, I didn't use a bottle to spray but I took the baby wipes in with me and dabbed the area.

Reading this has bought it all back!! The after waddle, the awkward sitting position the fear of coughing or sneezing! Lolol

I feel a bit spoiled...my hospital provides peri bottles, numbing antibiotic spray to bring home (for stitches), disposable ice packs, portable sits bath, stool softeners, you name it. Not sure what I'd do without all that :) (especially after tearing)

I feel a bit spoiled...my hospital provides peri bottles, numbing antibiotic spray to bring home (for stitches), disposable ice packs, portable sits bath, stool softeners, you name it. Not sure what I'd do without all that :) (especially after tearing)

I think US hospitals give you more stuff than UK hospitals. Probably public health care vs private etc.

We're home birthing, so have to get my own stuff. Peri bottle is near the top of the list. They're very cheap on amazon, along with chux pads, OB pads, mesh undies (not sure I'm getting those) and the dermoplast spray, which I am told is like angel tears for your hoo ha post birth. Much happiness and so on.

At my hospital next to the toilet they had bidet with a little shower head on a long cord you could use, it stretched to the toilet.

Same here. Also they provide a jug for those who want to do it the old fashioned way xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->