Do vaccines cause autism?

AirForceWife7

Mama to Brenna.
Reaction score
I've heard many different opinions to this argument, & was just wondering what you ladies think?

My answer is "I dont know"

However I have a son with autism and autism does not kill you whereas Measles etc can so its always better to have the vaccine (unless they have a huge reaction).

I do have my concerns though.

id say no but then again im not a doctor and who knows years down the line they might be able to tell us one way or the other.

my brother has autisum and way before he had his injections my mum knew there was something "wrong". so she believes he had autisum plus other things way before injections could be blamed.

and like midnight says u can live with autisum rather then something that could kill them

The MMr? Going on that piss poor apparent "study" by DR no brains no i dont think it does.

I dont think so.. It was proved I am sure, that his study was incorrect.

the mmr? the doctor got thrown out and cant practice anymore think that says everything doesnt it

Nope. I have never and will never believe that Autism is caused by the MMR.

Nope I dont believe that MMR causes autism. Im pretty sure it has been disproven as a study

Autism doesnt kill measles really can.

I had a horrific time giving my daughter the live injections as personally I have a sever allegy that makes me go into anaphalatic (sp) shock. I can only have injections under hospital supervision if absolutly necessary. HOwever she didnt have a severe reaction to it but a small one that has gotten bigger with every time. I will continue to vacinate her though under close supervision until maybe like me she cant have them any more I was 14 at the point of my last injection so that was about 15 years ago

I had no idea it had been dismissed as false .. that's good news :D Do you think vaccines can cause any other neurological disorders besides autism? xx

I don't believe it does either. And it sickens me to think how many children got sick or died because their parents didn't have them vaccinated based on that study. And how many children they then spread these horrible diseases to.

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8700611.stm

A BBC article describing the misconduct of the dr who conducted the 'study' that linked MMR to Autism. Unbelievable

Not a bit. My mom knew I was "different" well before I had any vaccines- and if you look back at my family, many if not most of us fit somewhere on the spectrum. I'm definitely leaning toward a genetic link. The anti-vax community continuously and erroneously bringing up vaccinations as a cause irritates me beyond belief. :(

I dont really know and it doesn't really raise concerns to me as I dont blame anything for M's autism. To me, he is a gift and that's just how life has turnt out.

If I had more children, they would have vaccines.

No, vaccines do not cause autism.
I don't know offhand about any other neurological disorders, but even adverse reactions to vaccines are statistically very rare.
It all comes down to your perception of risk, though. Some parents have concerns and they are entitled to ask questions and make choices regarding their children's health.
My largest concern with the anti-vax movement is that the science behind it is very very dicey. I think there is a lot of emotional and anecdotal argument that simply does not hold up to the scientific evidence for the safety of vaccines.
But again, that is my perception of the risk factor and my choice as a parent.

Don't believe they are linked in any way. There probably are some vaccines we get that are not really necessary but I don't really see them as being harmful so I suppose it doesn't matter that much. In the US is there really a chicken pox vaccine?

I dont believe it at all, and would way rather deal with autism then loosing my baby girl

Don't believe they are linked in any way. There probably are some vaccines we get that are not really necessary but I don't really see them as being harmful so I suppose it doesn't matter that much. In the US is there really a chicken pox vaccine?

in canada too, I learned of this this week, didnt have it when i was a kid, but kinda happy because i never had the chicken pox. I could die because I am older.... I worried about this having kids..:shrug:

We have the varicella (chicken pox) vaccine given as part of our schedule now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->