DO we WTT or TTC???

Gemie

Mum to 3
Reaction score
Hi guys, this is my first post so I'd like to introduce myself on this thread too!!

This is our story so far.... I have 1 child who is 14 from a previous relationship, I had him when I was 18 and for various reasons mainly thinking I was too young! I have always said since that I would never have any more children.
Things have changed.... I've been with my fiancé now for 51/2 years, OH lived down south I am in the Midlands OH moved up here nearly 2 years ago (we didn't want to rush!) we got engaged at Christmas and are moving in together very soon.

I got a tummy bug recently and the upshot was I thought I was pregnant as I felt sick, was being sick and had no appetite for a little longer than a tummy bug would cause or so I thought. I did 2 tests and both BFN. (I had been on long term antibiotics for rosacea, so thought pill might have falied) Both me and OH were very surprised to be disappointed with the outcome... So after lots of talking and thinking! we decided that I would come off the pill (mini pill Cerazette) last Wednesday. I've been having some tummy cramps and sort of ovulation pains, sore boobs etc but still no AF.
I amn so impatient and can't wait to get started but I've been reading some stories on this forum and others about having an AF before TTC b/c higher risk of mc and various other horror stories.

Anyway... I posted this for some advice. What would you do? I want to TTC from now lol but my heart tells me to wait for AF... how long will that take to arrive? I've been on the pill now for about 13 years (well the majority of that time) I'm scared my body won't work lol My first pg was perfect I was only in labour 4 hours and now I'm 31 I'm thinking I'm a lot older now and I'm thinking the worst!
I have an appt tomorrow with the nurse to get my BP checked and I have so many questions lol I'm overweight and I'm worried about preeclapsia and gestational diabetes and all sorts.... Oh okay... I'm rambling! lol

Thanks for any feedback :flower:

Oh I forgot to say I have MS too not that means anything... didn't know if anyone knew of anyone else on here who is TTC or pg who has MS too. xx

Hey, I don't belong in this section anymore atm...but...I was on Cerazette up until July last year and we NTNP (which wasn't much different from TTC for us tbh) for that first month before my AF arrived....AF arrived in September and we started properly TTC and conceived that month.

Ask at your appointment tomorrow and get the nurse's opinion, but I think if you're ready to TTC at this point, there's no real reason not to. :) We just used that month before AF arrived as a 'practice' month :winkwink:

Good luck whatever you decide!! :)

xxx

Hi both my children were conceived the first month off the pill. I had my withdrawl bleed 3days after stoppin the pill and 4 weeks later I had my positive results. I had no complications and no effects from trying straight away. I couldn't wait I was too excited.

Thank you!
I love your signature! soooo cute... Congratulations :) x

Oh I forgot to say I have MS too not that means anything... didn't know if anyone knew of anyone else on here who is TTC or pg who has MS too. xx

Hi do you mean Multiple sclerosis or morning sickness? I think you mean Multiple sclerosis in that case i have it and i'm TTC in August.

Hey, welcome :D
Don't mean to put a damper on things but those symptoms could be from coming off the pill not so long ago so your body is just adjusting, considering you've been on the pill for so long.
I don't see why you shouldn't be able to TTC from the get go but it might be a better idea to wait for AF and track your cycle, just so you know where everything's at :D
Good luck with TTC whenever you decide :) xx

Hi do you mean Multiple sclerosis or morning sickness? I think you mean Multiple sclerosis in that case i have it and i'm TTC in August.

Yeah, I mean Multiple Sclerosis. I have RRMS I was dx'd in 04 after having symptoms since 02 (relatively quick dx for MS terms!)
I'm on LDN and it's apparently it's safe to use even through pg so I won't need to come off it. I don't know what I'd do if I were on the interferons :-/
How are you coping?

Yeah, I mean Multiple Sclerosis. I have RRMS I was dx'd in 04 after having symptoms since 02 (relatively quick dx for MS terms!)
I'm on LDN and it's apparently it's safe to use even through pg so I won't need to come off it. I don't know what I'd do if I were on the interferons :-/
How are you coping?
I'm coping well most of the time. Sometimes it get me down. I have RRMS too. I was diagnosed when I was 15 and i'm 24 this year. I'm on the interferons. I'm coming off them in June but i'm not worried as they are not really working that well for me anymore. I've been relapsing about every 3 months since july.

How are you coping?
I'm coping well most of the time. Sometimes it get me down. I have RRMS too. I was diagnosed when I was 15 and i'm 24 this year. I'm on the interferons. I'm coming off them in June but i'm not worried as they are not really working that well for me anymore. I've been relapsing about every 3 months since july.

Oh dear thats not good. But it's not worth being on them if they're not working!
Have you asked about LDN? There are no needles and very few if any side effects, I'm doing very well on it. I had better balance with 3 days of being on 1mg my insomnia has all but gone (though impending baby might put a stop to that!lol) and I seem to have more energy too. It's not a miracle cure b/c I have a couple flares since starting it but I'm assuming they're from old lesions (LDN can't cure old lesions just stops further ones)
Anyway... good to meet you, hope we can keep in touch :hugs:

Hi i just wanted to tell you my story
I came off cerezette too on feb 27th, i had my first af 26th march, and concieved that cycle but i lost my little bean, i guess i'm telling you that it was quite quick for me too get normal cycles and concieve but i lost my bean not sure if the pill had anything at all too do with it but i never had early loss B4 only 1 loss my son at 23w6d but that was due too my incompetent cervix so i feel that concieving to quickly might have been a reason for this loss,
though i have too stress thats just me many women concive straight away and have healthy pregnancy's
maybe talk to gp

every womens different xxx
good luck

Hi i just wanted to tell you my story
I came off cerezette too on feb 27th, i had my first af 26th march, and concieved that cycle but i lost my little bean, i guess i'm telling you that it was quite quick for me too get normal cycles and concieve but i lost my bean not sure if the pill had anything at all too do with it but i never had early loss B4 only 1 loss my son at 23w6d but that was due too my incompetent cervix so i feel that concieving to quickly might have been a reason for this loss,
though i have too stress thats just me many women concive straight away and have healthy pregnancy's
maybe talk to gp

every womens different xxx
good luck

Thank you for telling your story. I'm so sorry for your losses, that must be so hard :nope:

Well I've been to my appt with the nurse today for the once over, she was impressed that I'd given up smoking 8 months ago but I have put 4 stone back on that I had previously lost... she wasn't too concerned just said risks are higher.
She was more concerned about my blood pressure which was a bit high... so the upshot is, I'm to go back on Wednesday to have it checked again and hopefully after that we can begin TTC. She said there was no harm in trying as soon as you come off the pill.... Like you say, everyone is different.
We shall see!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->